Monday, June 26, 2006

My little BRO


With the Reunion past it’s like this huge wave of anxiety has past. I feel like a kid again with school getting out for the summer. Weekends are like sleep overs, I think of all the things I am going to be able to do with the time I will have not having to drive to Boise and the Reunion. I down loaded the pictures taken with my camera. I did not take any, I do not know why but Dianne took most of the 17 images which on the card in the camera. These images are great for what they are I wish I had taken a bunch more. I do not know what I was thinking. I am hoping that Leah and some of the others I saw wondering round with their digitals snapping images right and left will post these images.

My brothers home (where the event was held) is brand new, he built it himself, literally, with his own two hands, something like 3000 to 4000 square feet. He is a builder there in Boise and so he has skills, and contacts with the “industry” which make building a home like this possible . But, still, Paul has done such a great job, hickory floors, granite counter tops, open spacious sky lights bright and very livable. Do I sound jealous? I donot think I am, If I am jealous, the jealousy maybe from Paul’s ability to Paul off such an undertaking. It’s like finding your kid brother has moved up to the “Majors” you have to give him a respect that he has earned and which is openly visible. It can’t be dined he is there. I now go to Paul when I have building questions.

Perhaps more even more impressive then Paul’s quarter of a million dollar home was his parent and parenting skills. This is my little brother. He has four girls fro two marriages, all the girls are beautiful. One just delivered his first grand child, actually the first birth was a multiple birth, twins but one twin did not make it and the other was premee and was in danger for a great of his life the child’s first year Paul was there and was great dad and grand dad through it all.

Paul was a single parent dad to girls, again, four very healthy and attractive ladies. They’re sport was soft ball and soccer and Paul was often in the area for tournaments but he was always there for the kids. Paul’s married now has a great wife-more great grand kids and room for everyone. He even has a complete home theater system upstairs in his new castle. He says he has never been “up there” because he works as hard as he does. I did not start this post out to be a glorification of my younger brother but so it has become. Thank you little bro for sharing your home with the whole fam this weekend. Not only sharing your home but also ram-Roding the event through. You do me proud.

No comments: