Thursday, July 27, 2006

It's My Blog and I'll Cry If I Want To

I talked with someone yesterday who actually has been following my blog. He does not read the blog every day but drops into the blog every couple of weeks it sounds like. I don’t think he likes my blog, he says “makes me depressed”. He says the blog is too dark he cannot take too much it. Too bad—what is he some kind of an alien? Actually, I enjoyed getting the feed back from him—honest feed back not worried about my feelings. You cannot pay for that kind of feedback. I still have to fall back on my original credo that I typed in the first of these blogs and that is this is MY BLOG and I am going to write in the blog what I want. Again, the reason I started my blog is to have a place where I will write every day and I will sort of BE forced to write every day. The blog has achieved my goal. I am actually doing it and I have written almost every day. I have missed a couple of days…usually weekends but I have written and I have consistently 500 words or more every positing. I know, except yesterday where I did that quote from my buddy Mack Gift’s. Yeah, that was kind of a cope out and that will not happen often.

So what do you all think, all six of you who seem to tune in to this blog fairly regularly? Am I depressed , beyond belief am I beyond hope? Am I bringing you down. Am I forcing you to read this document? No, but I appreciate your stopping bye and reading what every you read or just look at the images I post when I think I have something interesting enough to look at. And you know what I am going to continue doing so—every day I can and usually 500 words…what I am thinking of doing is to start a writing blog as opposed to this journal log where I will try to write as many words with as great a frequency as this blog but have that blogs content reflect my attempts at fiction.. I really want to do this, I mean get a hold of short and longer fiction. I often start but drop the project, I think, because I end up becoming overwhelmed with the length of the project. However, if I get in the habit of whapping out 500 words or more a day all have thousands of words written in no time and maybe complete some of the projects I have started.

So Booo! I hope I did not scare you too much and thanks for letting me scare or depress you today. I do hope I am not whining. I thought blogs started out as a place to bitch, sound off and make your point. Check this blog out and you will see what I mean Peeves . They changed the format about a year ago but still the group posts interesting thoughts bout the stressed they feel each day at work..

Again…thanks for stopping/…keep smiling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark - I just read several of your blogs. I've been out of town a lot lately. Anyway I want you to know that I no way think you are negative or depressing. I find a nice blend of realism, a little cynicism(I almost always agree with), and some optimism. These characteristics combine to make interesting reading. Keep it up, and don't worry about Pollyanna. I am not particularly intersted in publishing this, but I don't see any other way to send this to you.