Thursday, June 10, 2010

Down For the Count

Its Thursday , my Friday because State is on a four day week so I am beginning to here “what cha going to do this weekend”, “Have a good weekend” etc. People are making plans to have a good time on that short gentle reprieve at the end of the week. I should be happy along with them but I cannot because I don’t have my power chair and because I have not had my power chair all week I am afraid my skin on my butt is beginning to break down. Which means I have to take immediate action which is to get off my but as soon as possible. I am trying to be pro-active here meaning if I can let the skin heal and not completely break down then I won’t have to be in be over a major portion of my Summer or what ever. So, I am going to probably be down all weekend long which will drive me crazy but I am going to try it. It also means that I may even stay home from work until I can get my chair back repaired so I can use the “tilt back” feature which has been fantastically helpful in skin protection. In fat I probably would not have come into the office today if I did not have a broadcast I had to do but Dianne will be by to pick me up after the broadcast to whisk me home and put me to rest.

In the past I have fought having to go down tooth and nail but in the past couple of years I have visited too many times with other folk with disabilities who have developed major lesions and have been down for months if not years even some who have died from their wounds when the wounds went septic. So I am going to be a good patient and sulk in my bed and listen to the world go on with out for the next couple of days and see if I can bring my butt from the brink

No comments: