Friday, October 18, 2013

Judge Not


Friday is one of my Wellness days and usually Wellness is the only thing I have going on Fridays so I busy myself around the house washing dishes, folding clothes and messing around in my computer room. Today I worked on that image to CD project. For the last couple of weeks I have been trying to focus on scanning all the loose photographs I have kicking around my computer room onto the hard drive of the big system. Like most projects I start it seems simple but quickly becomes overwhelming. However I'm committed to the project and force myself to work on the scanning as much as I can. I hope to somehow organize these images into usable groups and burn CDs to distribute to various family members who would be interested mainly my kids.

As usual I got carried away not paying attention to the time and soon realized I had to make haste I would not catch the 12:39 PM bus. At this time of day this bus route runs once an hour so if you miss the bus You have to figure out something to do for the next 60 min. However I made haste threw on some clothes and was out the door and heading to the bus stop. As I neared State Street I heard the thrum of what sounded like rotor blades. I also noticed there was a couple sitting at the bus stop with the stroller piled with all kinds of stuff, seriously looked like belongings of a homeless couple. As I got to the corner I noticed indeed there was rotary blades chopping the air and I could just see helicopter blades spinning above the Starbucks. A chopper was sitting in the parking lot of ShopKo. I was fascinated I even considered missing my bus affected scoot around Starbucks to get myself into the ShopKo parking area check out the chopper. Alas I had to wait for lights and would not change and wouldn't you know the burden lifted off just as I was crossing the street. It's always fascinating to me to watch helicopters lift off in public areas. The chopper climbed turned and was gone heading north to University Hospital. Oh well opportunities lost. Now the couple at the bus stop for having an animated conversation are actually a female of a couple's verbal the abusing her mate are sounded like she was. Both of them were just thrown together they look like in 2013 version of the grapes of wrath. They were very young and she seemed very hostile and I just sort of backed away. There were other folks at the bus stop when one lady seem like a social worker type engaged couple or the girl to which the girl seemed immensely grateful. But I could hear was just that the young girl seemed to know something about the helicopter. I thought it was weird that this is couple had a child in the baby stroller they were paying much attention to the child. These two seem like prime candidates for D C FS, Division of Child and Family Services. Maybe I was just being critical because I have such a problem with folks who use strollers/children to geton the bus or the train take a viable space which was meant for wheelchair folks. I've grown to accept This and usually I don't have much issue with these folks, but it still irks me move. I was trying to keep distant from these two but when the bus came I was taken aback at how helpful they tried to be to me in assisting me on the vehicle. Even if I did not need the help they were going to help me. We broke the ice or should I say they broke the ice. And since I figured they had inside knowledge of the chopper I made small talk.


Well it comes out the chopper was there for them or rather for their baby and nine day old infant that has something wrong with it something so severe that when the medics at the dock in a box around the corner and saw what was going on ordered and life flight to Primary Children's Medical Center. Now, these two were just trying to get to Primary to see what's happening with their kid. I can be so judgmental and I used to be so nonjudgmental I really do need to work on myself.  

No comments: