Saturday, February 06, 2016

Too Pooped To Poop

Sitting on the toilet waiting for my suppository to work 9:40 almost ten. I've been trying to get this project executed for the last 3 hours maybe 2 hours actually. There seems to be a great and mighty force working against me trying to get my suppository in and myself evacuated at a reasonable hour to get to sleep.

I have started this project in order to get back to pooping over the toilet that's supposed to poop in a bed which days been really trying to force on me since my stay at the hospital since the operation. I really hate who pooping in bed but I've got over that before. I've got my program setup now so that I do the program every other day. That gives me at least one day where I do not have to worry about mounting the toilet. So on the days that I do my program I've been taking great pains to make sure all the equipment that I need is readily available. And this this should be a relatively simple project. I I first try to find the left, the hydraulic lift, everybody calls it the Hoyer but it's not a  Hoyer lift it's just a hydraulic lift simple. Then I have to make sure there is a sling that will work for me. These two items invariably are misplaced when I need them. I have learned that on the night I do my program they will not be available when I need them so I need to get him in line first. If by regular staff does around they pretty much have things figured out sorta. They at least start looking for this items. But if its like some nights lately where there is been very few staff it becomes a scene from the Keystone Cops trying to get something accomplished are the three stooges. I try to remain calm and in some cases I even volunteer to assist in the search for the items in question. I understand the building I am in is pretty spooky specially if you're a teenage human having to go down to the basement all by yourself can you search of such a device. I am more than willing to accompany the person in the quest for the left are the slings. Now mind you this is all taking place while other residents are needed assistance, so we search we placed on hold until some of the other faults could get their needs met too. But this all takes time and soon the project start at 7:30 becomes 8:30 and 8/30 and nine. I count myself lucky if I could actually get on the the toilet by 9 guess it could be another 45 minutes before I get done with the program. Hopefully , I can get the staff trained well enough they well know where the equipment is and how to use it. but not soon enough for me in the short time that I will be here at the facility.

The suppository finally kicks in and I finally do my job seems like it took forever. Takes a while before staff gets back they can get me off the toilet and in the bed. About a quarter to 11 and finally all done and I can turn over and begin reading for the night. I'm just thankful I don't have to lay in poop forgot to be hours.

No comments: