Thursday, April 28, 2016

Home Visit 2


Today was a home visit from the physical therapy side of my outpatient regimen through I HC. Overall we've been impressed with home visits we have received from the professionals at Intermountain healthcare. Today's visit however was less than stellar and I'm not really all that surprised but still a little bit shocked. I hesitate about writing anything because I hate to be a bitch and moaner and especially since these things seem to come back on me. But I will outline a little about event just for my own feelings.

We were a little shocked this morning while we were having coffee when not in the door and was the folks from my rehab facility. There are actually in our earlier then we were expecting. I had my computer generated schedule listed for 10 o'clock and it was nine. This early hour pretty much set the tenure for the rest of the visit.I guess if there is an agenda for this visit that would Have been Trying to figure out what kind of manual wheelchair I could use. The chair I have now is just I guess too small for me with my weight gain in such of the last couple years. I do use it from time to time not much Since stenosis II At the home but I did use the chair a lot at the sniff and acute-care facility. Once again I really do enjoy the freedom manual chair gives me specially around the house. I can use a lot of appliances and facilities of the house better in a manual chair then the power chair.

I have been working with this therapist for a couple weeks since I began my outpatient therapy she's okayJust a little meh.We went through the house and looked at all the accessibility features we have incorporated in the place or the time we've lived here. We spent the majority of the time looking at my manual wheelchair trying to figure out exactly what I needed and what could be used. Just afraid whatever is suggested not be what I need but I do hold the hope that whatever is finally considered well more fully meet my needs in the last manual chair prescribed. At least these folks came out to my living environment and saw what I needed to get around and do what I want to do in my home – – and this is where I will spend the majority of my time in the manual chair. And again it possible I would like to spend the majority of my time when in the house in my manual chair for a host of reasons most specifically to cut down on the wear and tear I tend to have on walls and floors and whatever else comes in contact with me.

We actually transferred out of my power chair into my manual chair and I did the role to the kitchen open the refrigerator close the refrigerator, roll under the cooktop and roll under the sink. The transfer was less than perfect and not very pretty but we make the jump. It was nice being in the manual chair but I knew if I were to be in the chair law I would be spending all my time push myself back into the chair. That's just the way it is. I hope as it was weight there will be less belly drag and I'm in the manual chair. Maybe they'll even give me a chair that I can use – – or suggest the chair that I can use that would allow me this fear of sliding out.


I felt a little disheartened as they left but relieved they were gone. I really don't expect a lot to come out of this meeting but who knows she just might get a home run and a home run is always appreciated.

No comments: