Monday, April 10, 2017

Life's too Short


Got a headache and I don't know if it's from lack of sleep or stress regarding my power chair or worrying about Dianne and her upcoming operation. Maybe it's from staring at this computer screen or flatscreen that I'm using for a computer screen. I have given Create two weeks to work on my power chair and have yet To hear anything regarding progress are hopefully completion. Create such a low-level operation they may have have the chair done but it lost my phone number and let it ride until I get back with them well as of this morning I've done just that got two calls into the operation and impatiently waiting for Create to get back with me. And I would not even have been so gung ho about the chair if the back of chair had not been being a pell. Yesterday for some reason the lock that keeps the left armrest from the rest of the chair is become nonfunctional. Every time I put the slightest amount of upward pressure on the arm comes out and falls to the floor. This is not bother me at the beginning of this yesterday afternoon but towards last night it was becoming very old and this morning almost intolerable. I did stop at Jimmy's apartment and he was able to get the piece working again so at least I can get myself upright in the chair when I need to. However, the main issue is that this chair is a backup chair, it is not meant to be a full-time chair. I'm thankful to have access to this equipment But the equipment usefulness is just about ran its course. The seat is too big for me causing me to list to one side the foot pedals articulate up putting great pressure on my feet and joints. There are other issues with the equipment that I cannot remember currently but they are there because me and the service and displeasure. Would hate to think I'm being dodged but sometimes I get that feeling. I'm aware that my other chair is no fist of roses but at least the seat in that chair configures to me and if they've got the motor fixed I can go forward again a greater speed than I can now. I know I had issues with the right foot pedal but I can work on that now I just want to get it fixed and out of the shop and into my home and life again.


It's Monday morning and the storms have past, it's still cool outside but there's promise of sunshine and warmer temperatures in the week to come. I'm being patient very patient as I wait for the phone to ring and for Tom from Create to give me the news I need to hear.I do not even care if the news is that he does not have the chair completed yet I just want to know when the chair will be ready that I can start rolling again way that I want. Life is too short to be in shoes too small.

No comments: