Saturday, October 12, 2019

Yum Yum Eat Em Up





Unbelievable! I really use that term a lot don't I? I should think about another expletive to use for moments of unbelief. This time however it's red grapes and I assume any grape actually. I've been doing some research on grapes and the findings aren't good.

Earlier this week I was totally blown away when my local Fresh Market lower the price on red grapes to $.99 a pound! Usually, they have grapes at $2.99 a pound And I for go where my favorite fruits at that point in time. However last week Walmart drop their price of grapes but grapes to a dollar $.99 a pound I quickly bought about4 pounds of grapes, thinking and believing that grapes are free (in the diet nomenclature free being no calories at all and you can use much as you want without fear of gaining weight). Yesterday, when I weighed after my shower I gained almost 4 pounds in the last two weeks and I was beside myself because I thought I've been doing pretty good and even limiting myself on some of my more favorite foods but going kind of overboard on from red grapes from Walmart and fresh markets. In fact this afternoon I had to pick up some Clorox for the shower and thought I'd invest in a couple more pounds of grapes but something was nagging me in the back of my mind. What if, just what if the red grapes were the Reason? About the grapes home through them in the sink wash them off and then set them up to dry or drip dry. Then I thought wonder if there's anything on the Internet about red grapes and weight gain/started a search. And sure enough as I read everything about red grapes I was pleasantly surprised to find how many good things red grapes did for you everything from possible protection against cancer to a plaque cleanser for brain stuff and Alzheimer's disease and the such. Surprisingly grapes are not bad with the exception that too many grapes (and they did not say really what too many grapes might be) would lead to let weight gain. I sadly looked over at the sink for my grapes were dutifully drying heaved a sigh and wonder what I was going to do with for 5 pounds of grapes either drying on my sink or chilling in the fridge. Of course, the answer simple stop eating. Stop putting things in your mouth just because you're bored or just because you want something to taste good. Stop eating! That's all I've got a new. I'm fortunate to have a neighbor next to me who gladly takes anything I don't want to eat. So I put one of the bags of grapes on the walker outside her door and hopefully she got it but who knows. Sometimes wonder if people walking through the hallways have a bit of sticky fingers regarding people's property outside their doors. Either way somebody will enjoy the grapes I hope. I know that I want. My friends tell me that for pounds isn't that much but the point is it all adds up, compound here pound their 4 pounds over a week I've just got a close my mouth.


No comments: