Monday, April 17, 2006

Dream Dream

I have this reoccurring dream and I had the dream this weekend.  The dream is not an exact “replay” of the last dream as much as the dream is a continuation of that dream of sorts. In the dream I am an observer-omnipresent.  There is a female adult in the dream and a child.  The dream takes place in either the mid -morning or mid afternoon.  The colors are pleasant and warm—like light filtered amber or a Disney cartoon.  I sense no tension in this dream or fear.  The dream unfolds like a 1959 sit-com.  The dream seems to be just a slice of life.    I have this dream a couple times a year and when I find my self in the dream I feeling comfortably like: I have come home.  

Last night I had yet, another reoccurring dream.  Totally different from the first described dream except you have the feeling what is happenings is an extension of what has gone one before. In this dream however, there is tension.  The characters in this dream are my work mates for the most part.  My boss and various members of  her family are in this dream and the dream takes place in setting I am only vaguely aware. As I said there is as tension but I cannot tell from where.  I feel the main stress point is trying to find out when I can shower and dress where I will not be seen by the rest of the group. It seems the place is some sort of an institutional setting like a hospital or rehabilitation center of some sort; lots of tile green and beige colors.   The dreams do not “go anywhere” leastwise nothing is concluded and both dreams are lost at consciousness and if I did not immediately write the dream content or recite content to memory I would have lost all of it.

Dreams are just dreams, a safe place to vent, over which one does not have any control. Many times I wake from a dream I feel uncomfortable, guilty and even frightened but by morning all knowledge of the dream is usually gone or if the dream can be recalled you wonder why the dream made you feel so upset when going through the dream or first perceiving the dream on first waking.

It’s People First  today. Just a handful of challenged adults trying to be independent and self directed.  There should have been many more folks attend the did.  Last night and this morning a major storm blew in. Many folks “no showed” due to the weather challenges.  This is good for staff many sandwiches were order but few were eaten. Everyone eats today. Even is the sandwiches are Subway and just turkey and vegetarian not the most tasty bust free and easily accessed.  

SNOW AND ICE falling from the wind and sky as I got off this morning’s train. Luckily I did not have far to go this morning and the real storm did not arrive until I was safe, dry and warm in y office.  It’s been snowing all day but I am sure will let up before I head for home.--we shall see.

No comments: