Friday, April 14, 2006

Friday Moments

The clouds moved in today with a vengeance. Once again the Spring has been placed on hold and th crowds moved indoors again. Will this winter ever end? I spent the whole day on a task that would have taken normal folks a couple minutes. I get caught in the minutia. My goal for this week was to get the Minutes for the the Advisory Board meeting written and out the door. The Minutes themselves were simple the struggle came trying to get the statistics , graphs and IT report out to the Board Members who did not show up to the meeting. I finally got the packets completed, enveloped stamped and out. The Friday Flue had already struck. The boss is still gone on her trip, second boss gone too. My office partner said she would close out the day saying she had to make up hours. The clouds were hanging low and menacing and I decided I had better get on the road before the storm hit. The day was not cold but the sun was gone and the wind was blowing and tossing an occasional rain drop threatening more. The wind was just cool enough to make my bald head feel feel uncomfortable. I pulled my turtle neck up over my mouth, up to my nose and pushed forward. The Sandy train had just taken off so I had twenty minutes to the next train. I powered round the station looking like a robber or a bomber. I have to admit folks WERE looking at me weird but I did not care. There's a Wells Fargo bank adjacent to the train station and a major television station next to the bank The television station has their broadcast window facing the street. sort of like the on the TODAY SHOW. I kept rolling back and forth in front of the window. I finally moved on; I could tell I was making them nervous. I knew they thought I was a terrorist.

I know this post is a bit of a flatline but it's Easter...Peace Out

No comments: