Sunday, December 09, 2007

Christms Miracle Number Three

The snow came again on Friday, a lot of snow, not making me wanting to go out on Saturday very much at all. However by the afternoon the snow was beginning to melt and Dianne needed me do a little shopping for her. I welcomed the excuse to get out of the house and try out my new lift, the streets were clear now and I felt quite safe.

I got to the shop of my destination without issue. I made my purchase and I was heading out of the shops parking area and was really focused on the traffic in the traffic I was intending tom turn into, which would make me have to cross the lane immediate in front of me. I thought I saw a break in the traffic and gassed the van out across the lane—immediately I knew I had made a mistake maybe fatal! To my immediate left was a late model BMW charging at me! I thought about gassing the truck and getting out of the BMW’s way but there was just too much traffic coming from the right. I wanted to close my eyes and wait for crunch quite possible the last thing I might ever hear. But I kept my eyes open and I saw the Beemer had stopped how I don’t know he just had. I took my van across traffic looking at the BMW not wanting to make eye contact with the driver knowing he was going to be making stupid faces at the stupid driver, me; just I would if I were in hi place.

I just got out of there as fast as I could 45: South to Ninth East and then South on 900 East and as I drove I did not shake or anything as dramatic as that, I just relieved the moment in my minds eye, playing it over and over again knowing I should messed up critically bad maybe even dead! For sure to have my Saturday wrecked if not my whole holiday season. Even if nothing happened to me, the van would have been totaled, my vehicle with the new lift I had installed just the week before. But I hadn’t wreck somehow I had dodged the ‘bullet’. I had been stupid and looked stupid but being stupid and looking stupid are small prices to pay for getting out of a predicament as I had unscathed. I could not get home, I had driven into some sort of a probability storm. I swear I was nearly hit by two other vehicles before I was able to pull into my drive way, safe and sound. I downloaded and stayed in the house the remainder of the day.

Do they say miracles come in three’s? I don’t know, but I am counting this near collision as my third Christmas miracle. I have no idea why I am being blessed so great this Christmas season but I am and I must just accept the gifts as they come. Merry Christmas one and all—I am just full of the Spirit.

No comments: