Saturday, September 27, 2008

Power Chair and Tigers

Ok if you have been reading this blog you know I am getting ready to consider
getting another wheelchair, a power chair, hopefully more powerful then anyone I
have had up to this time. In fact, I am meeting with Brent, the guy from my
durable medical equipment provider, tomorrow at 3:00 pm at the outpatient rehab
facility I frequent. I set this appointment earlier in the week to make sure the
appointment fell on my day off. I spoke with my physical therapist(PT) Randy,
who gave me some options and specifically a specific kind of wheelchair which
Randy feels will best meet my needs. The only problem is the chair he specified
is a super expensive, top of the line, hard to convince insurance companies of
the need for such a chair. This chair would be a high performance chair made
in another country with superb quality and a two year warranty. I am talking
about a chair which could cost $15,000 or easily more. This chair would recline,
raise up four inches, and best of all travel two and one half miles faster then my present chair—which would be wonderful.

My PT also kinda of warned me that the shop Brent works for is sort of committed
to the power chair I am currently piloting which would acceptable, if I could
get a chair which would be faster then the chair I have had. I sense things are
going to get sticky before things get smooth…there are tigers across the street!

This post was supposed to have been entered Thursday!

No comments: