Sunday, January 16, 2011

bring on the Heat



I have been in major pain the past couple of weeks. The main has been coming from I believe my A/C joint- a small joint located on the shoulder. I think when a person uses their arm to lift themselves up as I do when I must transfer into or out of my my wheelchair on onto or off the bed. The pain was significant to the point that I made an appointment with my medical provider for this next week. In the mean time I have been spending this holiday having hot compresses placed on the painful joint and the endeavor seems to be working. The pain has subsided allowing me to regain a great deal of my independence. I am still experiencing some discomfort particularly doing my ADLS, but at least I can just bout do them again independently,


Now, with the pain subsiding, I almost feel compelled to cancel my medical appointment but canceling would be foolish. I need to have my medico help me figure out how to use a diet that will allow me to drop some weight which I feel might be key to my transfer issues. I also want to see if can get some physical therapy, do some strengthening. Any strengthening will greatly aid in my ability to live independently. Now if I combine the strengthening with loosing significant amount of wieght I shall be on my way back to a more acceptable quality of life.


I am enjoying, yet another, holiday weekend. I am odd tomorrow to enjoy Martin Luther King DAY (MLK). The day is cold but warmer then many recently have been. We have been promised rain not snow for today which we hope will scrub out the dirt atmosphere. I really could use surgical mask.

No comments: