Monday, June 27, 2011

Slacker!!

Last week our front desk person, called me a slacker. I was first astounded then taken aback but I have been thinking about the comment all weekend long as i watched the workers, the real workers Gabe and Albert work on my ramp. i like to think of my self as a real worker but i don't think that i am. When I could really get involved in physical labor, i think i enjoyed physical labor--or certain kinds of labor for instance I loved splitting wood but hated milking cows. I liked shoveling coal but hated pitching hay or digging ditch. Lawn mowing was OK but not a favorite.

Now Gabe works, my DD works hard--i don't think I work hard. DD and Gabe actually enjoy hard physical labor--even on their days off like on the weekends. DD is a also a major worker, she loves to work and work hard if she had a project. She likes to crank the music hen crank the work. I would rather sit in the shade or sun (if cold) and read or just look at clouds. I like working on the computer but I don't like computer work. I could be a slacker. I talked about this with my buddy JJ the famous writer fr the Deseret News and he said he was a slacker by definition and that he was fine with that. As a writer that is what he does slacks off and thinks and messes round( he calls this research) and i know exactly what JJ means. He can deliver on his deadlines whether its a deadline for one of his columns or deadline for a book-JJ produces and that makes the difference.JJ does not do much physical stuff unless it pertains to one of his projects. JJ still says he is a slacker and he would know. I know I am a slacker, it fits, its why, I guess, I seldom go back and correct spelling or capitalization. I guess one just has to be a slacker with class to stay ahead of all the workers who make the world turn... I am still trying just to make the wheels on my chair turn...

No comments: