Sunday, April 27, 2014

Filling My Time

Me on the Saratoga Silver, just like the one I have at home now...

Right now the two things I really like yo do, and doing these two things really make feel good, I find challenging to do with regularity. The two things are pumping my Silver Saratoga hand cycle exerciser and blogging. The Saratoga Silver is great. I am so lucky and thankful to have direct access to my very own machine, a machine I can use anytime I stinking want. I now have the Active Hands gloves which assists me with the hand cycle. Yet I find myself challenged to pump at least three time a week, the amount of time I used the Saratoga at the Wellness program I have discontinued attending.

I think what I really liked or appreciated about Wellness was I was at a place, at a time where I was committed to work out and get it over with. Because I was on a schedule, I worked Wellness ( working out) into my daily schedule. Even though Wellness is entirely voluntary others were expecting me to be there and workout I showed up and worked out. Now, I find myself doing other things round the house and putting off my thirty minutes on the bike. If I put the Saratoga off too long I become tired, too tired to use the bike and not work out that day—this is not good.

What works best I have found is to pump the bike early in the day—if I can. Get on the machine do the time and get on with my day. I am still strong and enjoy my “ride”. Right now, I have a green elastic tub set up in the bathroom which I use on my “light” workout days. Have discussed the rickshaw I have buried in the garage that I plan to start using once I get some weights to put on the machine to lift—well guess what? I have or Dianne ordered me in a hundred pounds of weight to start working out with. The weights will greatly start me on my way of growing my home gym. The rickshaw is only one exercise targeting one set of muscles, biceps, I think and I have to use the machine in my weekly routine, at least three times a week. This will again, take a commitment.

The other challenge I have is spending more time writing, in my blog as well as other writing I need to be doing. When I was working I found I could work my daily blog submission into my work day, usually right after I got into the office. I gave myself a half hour to write and and have coffee and post. There it was done Bang! And I was done for the day. I do not have that time convenience any more. Now I have to be responsible and make myself fill the time I have and I have lots of time to write and write regularly. I am so surprised at how hard this is to do.


I spoke with my friend Mark, one of the folks I met at my Wellness experience. Mark is a great guy working through his rehabilitation challenges. He has been concerned about my absence from Wellness. I stopped going and did not tell anyone I had finished the program. I guess I could have done better at the separation piece. Mark texted me and followed up with him and he understood the issue I had. I have to get this physical piece done and then focus on the writing and art pieces and still work in my “doing good pieced”. This is going to be a busy Spring.

No comments: