Thursday, October 23, 2014

Dock In The Box , Again


Something is happening to me I don't know what it is I'm hoping it's just a bladder infection or at least a bladder infection. Had a fitful night again last night,not sleeping much just a couple hours and that's not bad I can deal with that especially in retirement… I can sleep all day if I have to. What is really weird s that during the night I get all stuffy terribly thirsty and all panicky sometimes. I lay there and think about all the things which could be happening then gets spooked. I usually have to get up once and usually twice during the night to use the bathroom which is a physically challenging event. I don't mind if I can drain enough urine to make it worth my time, at least a couple times has been low production events and I hate that. Usually if I wake up before 4:00 AM I can usually get back to sleep for at least a couple hours or has been the case not so this last week or so.

I mean I hope there is a fairly easy fix for what is ailing me I best be careful what I wish for is it may not be a fix. However I hope it's something physical in easily taking care of without any kind of institutionalization. Otherwise we're talking about me being histrionic that would really suck.What is interesting is that I've been visiting a lot with my neighbor Albert, lately he told me last weekend that his 90th birthday was coming up. I knew he was getting close to this number but to actually see him get around and worry about him being 90 this I think beginning to freak me out. Not so much in being 90 as the fact that he's not live much longer regardless of the day and how good he seems to be right now 90 is 90. I went over and talked with them yesterday for an hour or so. It was our usual conversation a lot of it dealt with me and my history which really seems to interest Albert. We talked about my cooking and how much he hates to cook but how he did cook during the war. Last night is doing the math he was born 1924 that means he was about 20 and he served in the Navy during World War II, and maybe 24 or 25 when he got out! That's crazy!! I worry every day after these two old people who lived next door. Albert will longer drives because of his recent accident and Lanai is driving around and replacement car. She's been griping a lot lately about how she has to do everything now that you can do right… Poor Albert his self-esteem must be going down the tubes. I finally left yesterday afternoon I realized I needed to get home so I can work out on my Saratoga. I thanked out for spending time with me and he reached over and touched my shoulder and said thanks for spending time with him. Albert seldom does this as far as touching goes it was a big deal. I think I'm beginning to have some separation anxiety with what might be coming.

So to 11 AM, I am sitting here naked and best get dressed drag my sorry ass over to “Doc in the box” and hope he'll give me some magic pills to get me going and possibly get some sleep. Until then I'm happy for each moment I have of this life.



No comments: