Monday, November 17, 2014

Monday with the Grans


I don't know what the problem is I've been trying to write a new post to this blog for at least three days now. I just can't seem to get the posting out. Seriously, I should be knocking these posts off like ffalling off a log. It might be I've gotten addicted to dictation and am finding it too difficult I'm self-conscious to dictate when someone else is in the room. In fact I had typed the last posting I believe on Saturday. So I'll have to get over it, posting is important to me, whether I dictate or type or just write.

So today, I didn't have anything outstanding to write about except to relate how the day is progressing. Its Monday and the last couple of weeks since summer Dianne I have been meeting Bridget and Asher for breakfast. In the summer if Anakah was available, she would join us to. We went to Left Fork, Village Van and today went to Salt Lake City's Astro Burger, a local restaurant which is cloned itself off
another quite successful local restaurant which produces great abundant low-cost breakfasts in the morning and the rest of the day astounding faster. Astro and the other restaurants similar to Astro are aimed at university students and the working population. Granted, the food is fried and often heavy and cholesterol i.e. ham bacon fried eggs but the taste is marvelous and the atmosphere warm and if you're fortunate enough to get hard-working waitress someone to keep your coffee plentiful and hot. There's enough movement and interesting people at these breakfast eateries to offer enough stimulation to a three-year-old. The help are always delighted and impressed with Asher and his great abilities to order for himself and his level of politeness. When we first began these outings we often did something else after breakfast like go to downtown mall , Liberty Park or even a train ride on the light rail. Then Asher begin to want to just go to me and grandma's house just work in the garage, in the yard or garden and then walk around the neighbor. If there were days we did not go to breakfast we would walk is a group of the State Street in one of the fast food joints up there usually KFC or McDonald's across the street. Whether now is taken a turn for the cold. Though it may not be challenging for three-year-old, all bundled up to want to go out and walk in the cold and attack giant piles of leaves the being out in theelements is hard for the senior adults. So, now eveyone troupes back to the house. Asher quickly sequesters grandma leaving Bridget and I defend ourselves. Today, Bridget was good enough to assist me in the cleaning of my desk area task I have had a difficult time confronting. We did a thorough, Bridget work through a good 6 inche pile of clutter on the top of the desk and we even cleaned out a number of drawers. This is something that's impossible for me to do but with the help of Bridge be made giant progress. I just can't tell the reader how much this helps me in my room. If we can keep the momentum going have a couple more areas in my room that need attention. I just hope I don't burn the girl out.

This is life after retirement, without the daily stimulation of train rides, phone calls of the office and the stress of day-to-day employment finding things to write about seems challenging to me. I just have to soldier on and write what happens one day at a time



No comments: