Thursday, April 23, 2015

Breakfast Of Champions



Traditionally I really have not been a big fan breakfast, At least home breakfast, That quasi-meal you grab before you head out the door early in the morning. But recently I've noticed we have a number of half use bags of breakfast cereal line around the counters the kitchen and I figured what the heck, why not save a little money and eat breakfast, cold cereal and toast maybe even a banana before I dash out the door? True, this is not the breakfast of champions but who ever said I was a champion?



When I came home from rehab yesterday Dianne was out and about I noticed you been shopping for groceries. Yesterday when I had my breakfast I noticed we were short on milk house so please the Dianne that Diann purchased a half-gallon of milk. So this morning was quite pleased when I was able to open the refrigerator door – – which is a real physical task in itself for me and the milk was sitting right there easily within my reach. I got the milk out to have a second challenge in the morning which was to unscrew the lid on the milk container. In the last couple years that milk containers have gone from the origami type where you have to hold both sides at the top of the container to open the milk, Which of course is in the asked for me but once it's open I can use it pretty well. Now is the twist on lid in the center of the top carton. Of course, there's no way I'm getting that off with my quad hands so it's holding the card twisting the top off or at least starting to top and then being able to twist off the top between both my hands. However once again able-bodied universe conspires to thwart me with the Firs use safety device Which has to be removed before content can removed from the device. It's usually a polyethylene ring attached to a seal it must be wrenched free. So, I must figure out a way to lift up the ring grab the ring with my teeth And whole the seal free. This morning I was somewhat pleased with myself because I was able to do all those steps independently. I had my breakfast Chex milk and banana and of course wheat toast. My real challenge came when after breakfast they were put the milk away. I knew this is really a problem and what I had visions of came to pass. I had the lead between both of my hands trying to settle the lid onto the spout and for one reason or another the lid flew out of my hands and onto the floor. So then it was off to the bedroom where I keep my long stick and found a red plastic cup in the kitchen through the cup on the floor. I then putted the round lid into the plastic cup Then wedged the hook into the cut and lifted The cup on to a secure place were in I retrieved the lid and this time was able to secure the cap In place. I was quite pleased being able to do this little exercise but still a little pissed at having to do it. Sometimes I just hate challenges.

No comments: