Monday, September 05, 2016

Like Another Labor Day


It's Labor Day, a holiday and even though I'm not working I still love to celebrate Labor Day like I was. I woke up this morning excited to have a holiday and things to be just a little different than the usual they. No mail of course and I was surprisedThat the light rail, which runs right behind our house was running today. There are not as many trains running probably running on a Sunday schedule if I had wanted to go somewhere I could. But I didn't I just hung around the house, tended to my plants and worked on my puzzles – – this is my new plan to outfox Alzheimer's and dementia. Last week on a lark We bought a Ninja food processor. We really had not used the Ninja much until this weekend and now restarted really chopping things up. Dianne actually went to the store this afternoon and got celery, beets, kale, onions, ginger and some other things I can't remember. We don't them in the hopper and activated the machine. The Ninja made a great soundbut the vegetables remained motionlessIt was then we realized we did not have the blades inside the machine. Super sharp stainless steel ninja tools that slices and dices and shreds the vegetable matter to a drinkable consistency – – sort of.

We finally got the vegetables back in the hopper and turned the engine on again In the mass inside container dropped perceptibly. We had everything and it seemed like soon the vestal matter was reduced to a puréed consistency. What's that Ninja rendered was not necessarily drinkable but edible with the spoon sort of like salsa. In fact now I would really like to try making some sauce salsa and see what we come up with.

We even mowed the front yard. We have electric mower now and I like to go out and help Dianne or pretend to help help Dianne mow the yard .I hold The cord out of the way as Dianne mows the yard. The grass is long gone however weeds have taken over which look unsightly. So basically mowing dirt and scraggly plants. I'm sure I looked just darling holding the orange cord fading in out in a cloud of dust. Luckily the yard did not take long .


It was not spectacular Labor Day that's okay not doing that much labor these days anyway.

No comments: