Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Cyber-Dine Paranoia and Pioneer Day 2019



Sometimes I just hate technology, let me restate that, I guess I don't hate technology I just hate having to deal with all the quirks and weird things that happen through technology. I spent, just now, 20 minutes or so trying to get into a file that I set up to help me when I have to access the password that I may have forgotten or for some reason I'm putting in wrong at the place I can go back and check against the right password. Well I was just now using the correct password (from my specialized file where I keep all my passwords and updating them religiously whenever I change the password. To no avail for some reason Google password Central will not let me in to make the change or Google won't let me in right now and says I have to try again in a half an hour…Grrrrr! I was trying to do this through Firefox however when I tried to access Google from my Google Chrome software I realized I was inside the file I was trying to access. In Google Chrome I could get around just fine. I locked my new password and I should be okay now. But that's just it, it's little things that are driving me crazy. Another case in point for some reason my voice to text software no longer works in some areas of my DragonDictate software. I used to be able to dictate/right to boxes and files with Dragon which is very convenient especially in filling out documents and writing directly to posts like my blog, texting, especially texting, and writing in other venues. I appreciate that I can still write in my Opened Office account, block copy and paste I just wish I could directly write/dictate directly into these online spaces. I was doing okay for some time but somehow last week something changed and now I can no longer achieve this task. I did update some software when requested and I bet that has something to do with it. Last week I also is having issues with trying to keep the keyboard that I enter data into my files with directly when not dictating. I am hoping I solved the problem by installing new batteries. I've never installed batteries in this keyboard that I have Bluetooth to the main computer. The keyboard would be functional and then suddenly stop writing to my document. If I then manually switch the keyboard off then on again the keyboard would resume writing to my screen for just a little bit. I finally figured out it was a low battery because one. The issues were getting worse and 2. And for some reason it just made sense that it was a power issue. Use the keyboard directly after the insertion of the new batteries AA's but seem to correct itself and now works like a champ.

I know it's paranoia are sound very paranoid but sometimes I think technology is out to get me definitely following me and definitely keeping tabs on me. Nothing truly ever dangerous happens or has not so far like my chair drive itself onto the tracks in front of an oncoming train or driving off the many high block as a train approaches. I mean there's a lot of ways technology could get me especially if the power chair and it has yet to be more than just a little pesky and pesky I can handle.

Today is Pioneer Day a Mormon holiday for the state. It's kind surreal it feels like a real holiday but not. The mail was delivered as usual, all the chain stores restaurants and organizations had business as usual going on but most of all it was just a normal day, just like that normal day hundred and 70+ years ago when those poor Mormon blighters came out of the mountains to see their “promised land” they said there wasn't a tree standing in the Valley of the great Salt Lake…

No comments: