Friday, July 17, 2015

Mexican Train… Please



It's been a long day and it is because I made it a long day. The only thing I had to do today was good and a Wellness and do my workout. I said goodbye John this morning my faithful morning week morning attended. John was supposed to get here from 7 AM but he hardly ever made on time. John was always late but I like him anyway. He talked a lot about stuff that was interesting to me mainly his other interest which was real estate and trying to sell his winter ski packages. I always like to ask him about his weekend and what he did and we did it with. I think I'm going to miss John most of all. Anyway as he says now he well have more time asleep in the morning. I got some breakfast missed around social networking and did the online cryptic quote. That being done Dianne indicated she and Bridger were going out for the day so I was gone. Got my travel stuff and was gone.

Since I have the new chair I seldom wait for the bus anymore I took the back road, behind the house over the hill and down to the train at central station. I rode inbound to 21st South got off the train jumped 2100 eastbound and got off at 11th East. Stopped in at whole foods got a slice of pizza for lunch which was a bad for store pizza it was pepperoni a small piece but fill in enough. Then it was over to Sugarhouse rehab Wellness program. Avery was the assistant today she's very good, efficient and focused and makes it easy to get in and out in less than half an hour. I did my routine did the paperwork and was gone. I went through BBB looked at mirrors and other stuff. That I decided I would see my friend Greg Naccarato. Greg lives in a long-term care facility – – nursing home! I thought I had the address but I had it written I was off by five streets almost. This facilitated the taking of two buses and traveling some distance power chair. It took me a while but I finally got To the facility. Took me met the find Greg… Greg was in the family room I think the family room is a place where they play games put together puzzles a place in the other years was called the day room. So I got there rigors of the table with three or four other seniors and then what looked like one staff and her preteen daughter. They are playing some game begins just ending and I thought I'd get the spend little time with Greg but they launched straight into a game of Mexican train. I kid you not the game is called Mexican train. It is some sort of domino game. I was a little embarrassed for the two folks who were blatantly HispanicBut they're all just getting into it… Mexican train.. I had visions of some kind boardgame where folks who are undocumented rode the train rolled the dice to see who got closest to the border are even over the border. I came home and checked it out and indeed is again called Mexican train unbelievable. Will Greg never stopped playing so I figured he didn't really want to visit and I sure didn't want to stay there any longer than I had to. It's a nice place and everything there were cookies everywhere all you had to do was lift up the glass covering the snitch a couple.


I had done my good deed for the day I was ready for the trip home. Made the connections and home I am. Got a few minutes before I began my hand bike workout on the Saratoga silver. Mexican trains please.

No comments: