Thursday, January 23, 2020

Closet Cleaning




For the first time this week I'm feeling significantly better. I feel like no longer at risk of passing this disease process on. I still felt a little bit drug out . I did not go to coffee group event called and canceled my participation in this week's book club. Even the weather outside was cast in gray dark ominous clouds the temperature was actually warm and the one time I did venture out to throw some garbage away it felt pretty good and I knew that I wanted to I could have gone over to the market.some juice. So hopefully I'm not talking to soon but I've beaten death again. I know everyone loses again but it won't be this.

I spent the better part of the day working with Dianne who came over to deliver some clothes she had ordered for me on Amazon or something. However, Dianne start working on a project she had been threatening to do at least help me do for some time. I embarrassingly report that I really did not do a lot of my personal shopping until this last divorce. I really can't figure out how gotten by in my adult life not purchasing my own clothing. Like to blame the wheelchair, that is so easy to do, like how you go out and purchase pieces of clothing without trying them on.?. Even if I felt I have the physical skill sets necessary to take off and put on clothes i.e. trying on clothes I don't know if I have the patience or even the ability to ascertain that looked okay. I say this just to let the reader understand you had a bunch of stuff that I had to get rid because I've purchased clothes over the years many times the garments just staying in my closet or are stowed somewhere in boxes. But today Dianne helped me go through clothes. I don't know how big a job this is going to be, and I know I don't know I would've burst with the wholeheartednes I did. I knew I had wanted to bags (that's right garbage bags). There were a number of shirts I had come to the conclusion it was time for them to go.

Closet cleaning can be very infectious. Once a person commits to the program it seems the cleaning fever takes hold. We started with the oldest clothes without many of those I feel were dear friends I just remembered how they made me feel but out in public and my underbelly began to appear are having to pull down the bottom of my shirt all day long suffering until I got through the day promising myself I would get rid of the offending garment will throw back into the closet. To nearly new pairs of pants that I just love one of set of black 501 Levi's in the pair of corduroy Levi's that literally shredded my skin when I tried to wear them but I've kept them in my closet for nearly 15 years because they were nearly new and I couldn't part with them. There were similar bags, literally garbage bags of T-shirts especially brand-new ones that I should have tried on but for obvious reasons could not. Only to be heartbroken when I got home and try them on because the clothes did not do their job of hiding my obesity. They've just hung in my closet all this time mocking me.I found three pair of shoes I didn't know I still own and I think I may have freed up at least 30 hangers. I wear socks but I have a box of socks after all my socks away except for five pair. I swear I have 10 garbage bags full and ready to go Dianne did not have the room in her little car, or the strength carry them all to the car. My cleaning person will be here tomorrow and I think I can get her to bring the truck to dump is often to DI or wherever. Today was certainly longer than I thought it would be. However the day was very productive and I think it enjoyable to both of us…

No comments: