Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thousands of Words

I am wondering why I have not been posing like I regularly do. I am not sure but I think the reason maybe have something to do with the fact that I am nearing my 1000th post. Actually, I posted this milestone some time ago. I think I lost a butt load of posts a couple of years ago when Blogger went through one of its many iteration and started me out at a much lower number . Be that as it may, the number is again hovering round 1000. I am wondering I have a fear of reaching this significant number, at least significant to me. Because when I reach this number “1000” I will have written 500,000 word give or take 1000 words and this is very significant to me. 500,00 words is a good sized novel. I am wrong, I did some checking and the average paperback novel is between 50,000-65,000 words, way under the number I have been wring this past 1000 posts. So,. I can do it. I now just have to write this many words on one topic. This should be my next goal: write my novel.

As I have neared this milestone I actually started as novel I have been thinking of for some time, a biological novel of my self, a monetization of my life starting out as a person with a disability. I did pretty good on the project until I came to the very moment of the impact o my head on the windshield and there I stopped writing and have not gone back. I think I have major issues and I have to think of how the get past them. Actually I am kind of excited about writing this account and I feel I have wanted to do this writing for 43 years now and this is the closest I have been able to come.

The office is going through another major change as the new front desk person finally started this week.. She returned the second day of her employment, which is a good sign for the office since we have had employees this position not return the second day and boy that was weird. Bonnie seems nice and easy going, which I believe, gives her great promise for succeeding in her new position. Bonnie has finally met all the staff, she still has to meet the Council which is another trip entirely and experience the first full Council meeting.. But I am sure she will do fine, she seems to roll with the punches. She has already survived the first trauma with staff and our building and building politics and human rights.

Some we are in the honeymoon phase, she with us and we with her. Things even little things seem larger and more important then they are. First impressions are being made whih will hold through to the end of her employment. Bonnie is the new guy and will be the new guy until the next hire when ever that well be. I bet Frank is resting now since he just past on that title.

No comments: