Wednesday, February 08, 2012




Have to admit, I was pretty excited as I was getting ready for work this morning. I was dressed, had breakfast, packed my backpack and was ready for my day. I was mining the refrigerator for something I could take in for lunch. Seriously, I really rather would stay “in”at lunch, and enjoy a simple but tasty meal here at the office. When I pulled out the meat-bin in the fridge, there was a pack Oscar Meyer wieners. I knew these guys were in there but you know, “out of sight out of mind” I forgot they were there. I grabbed the dogs and threw them and to my backpack flew out the front door. I was not sure how I would use these dogs but I knew the tube steaks would come in handy.

My " call morning" was relatively busy. And I had calls write up to lunch hour. I was not sure if, I wanted to eat my Oscar Meyer hotdogs playing or try to find some red product to go with them. There is the German bakery across the street that I really didn't want suit up and head out when I remembered I still had pieces of bread I brought him last week hidden in the back of the fridge. So I figured if I nuked the hot dog, slap some mustard on the bread I would be set. So off I went. The bread was a little stiff so I threw wheat slice 10 seconds in the microwave which did the trick perfectly pulled the bread out and stuck the hot dog in and set the nuker for 20 seconds and turned my attention back to the bread. I'd use the mustard last week so it was still out on the counter in our small kitchen area here at the office and I grabbed the bottle and shook it vigorously. There's nothing I hate more than squirting separated mustard water on a perfectly good piece of bread are hot dog bun. It's just disgusting. The mustard I use is Frenches mustard in the bright yellow squeeze bottle. So, I grabbed the bottle, barely wheezing and a bright yellow stream of mustard shot out landing on my scarf sweater and pants in short all over me. I was in shock, how can such a simple task such as dressing your bread for a hot lead to such a mess. I am the King of messes. I wore dark clothes today so I should've realized something like this was going to happen I thought about stopping everything I was doing and heading over to the sink, weddings and towels and start trying to remove the yellow gunk. I knew if I tried that however I would make matters worse and smear the gunk everywhere. So I decided to leave good enough alone. The was half over what I have to lose?

I love Oscar Meyer hotdogs, these dogs did not disappoint me. I applied the mustard to the bread liberally, and place the dog on the bread and wrapped the bread around the wiener. The hot dog was great I chewed as long as possible before swallowing. It was still a fast lunch and I was back covering the phones happily thinking I still had six hotdogs left enough to cover my lunch need till the end of the week.

No comments: