Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Surreal

Word came down this afternoon that my position, my job is officially drying up at the end of this fiscal year which will be June 30. We've tried and tried but just have not found a way to stay in this office. Okay, now this does not necessarily mean I'm out of a job it just means I'm out of a job here. The program I have worked for the last 12 years will be gone: the website, the phone numbers , and the sales bank; which is a real shame because those items have actually done a great deal of good. It's surreal now that you and is as official as the ends going to be. I knew this was coming and I thought I was fairly well prepared for the event, but I find myself with host of questions, a hollow feeling and confusion of what to do next.

I have become a casualty of the small political firefight. My boss, has earned some political heat from a powerful local legislator. In my position has got eliminated in the crossfire. It's okay for the last couple years a lot of state employees have gotten the ax. I am pleased and thankful it is taken so long for the acts to fall on me. Now my boss is great, she is been working night and day trying to find either funding to keep my position active or to develop some sort of safety did for me. Lucky for me she has a friend with a high level position at the agency level who has agreed to work with me to find another position somewhere in state government for me to land in. I have to admit, this is a little spooky, I've gotten pretty comfortable here, I just hope if I am fortunate enough to find further employment with the state, I love you make the transition, fit in and most of all be able to get to the work site on public transit. I need to explore other options which might be out there for me --I need to examine the retirement card or a disability card and see which will best meet my needs.

So this guy, I'll call the fixer, wants an updated working copy of my resume. What a drag, had hoped I had a copy in one of my files here at the office that is a no go. So, next I will spend the next couple days, frantically tearing apart the house, desperately searching for my last known resume. Hopefully finding the resume will only necessitate adding the last 12 years I have worked at this position. Hopefully I will not have to reconstruct the whole thing. Read doing a whole resume with truly be a night mirror. So I've got my marching orders, I got to start packing my desk, deleting files and start really considering leaving this office. Who knows, maybe this is the exact shakeup my life needs at this point in time--don't think any shakeup that maybe greater forces are at work. Sometimes you just have to accept what's coming down. It still very surreal.

1 comment:

riptideselkie said...

I am awesome at resumes, well fairly awesome. Let me know if you need any help.