Thursday, July 05, 2018

Twit!



I am such a twit. I really should know better than the let my guard down. How many times I've written about sucker punch? Well today I did not get sucker punch but it could've been. Last week when I realized that somehow that my prescription for tizanidine lapse I have to get a quick authorization for more tizanidine. When I called my primary doc they indicated that needed to come in for a “visit”, and been quite a while since my last visit. I got the message no visit no tizanidine. That's okay, I thought when I found the earliest I could be seen was today at 9:30 AM. This of course is the same time as my coffee group. I was feeling kind of ornery so I had the nurse schedule my appointment for zero 930 this morning.

That they had grand promise of heat. There were clouds over the East Mountains but I've learned not to trust morning clouds in the summer. These morning clouds promise lightning and thunder but rarely deliver. I learned this lesson bringing in the hay of my youth. I was prepared for the heat: cap, bottled water, full charge of juice in my battery. The day would not be too hot for me. I should've realized things are too easy. This is the first time I ever went from the bus stop the building nine without having to backtrack at least once.

Check-in went quickly. I once again forgot to bring my Medicare card but should not be slept through. Even when I got called in to the examination room and I have to pee Nancy nurse said no problem should be the closest accessible bathroom and told me to take my time… I almost did. I had excellent blood pressure (the BP to die for), other vitals were all okay. Of course I do I wasn't going to see Big Hair Allred. I knew u tting shoved off to a resident and that was okay too. The resident must have brand-new he he didn't know the word for stenosis. About half way through the examination he drops the bomb that he had gone through my records and felt I needed to start combating my cholesterol issues!!? You burbled up with information about how I can substantially lower my risk for stroke or heart attack by doing something with my statins. Boy, this is when I really miss Dianne's medical skill set. The split second I got kind of freaked of course none of this leaked out onto my face and finally okayed the start of the medications for this issue which sup…posedly will and my risk of stroke and heart attack from 30% to 10% which are great odds according to the resident who didn't know stenosis.

All I can think about is I left the office was that I'm starting a medical regimen for stroke and heart attack. I'm one of those people in the 5 o'clock news commercial market. All of the commercials of this time are for Lipitor or for similar meds. I don't want to take them but I guess I better if I know it's good for me…

No comments: