Saturday, January 06, 2024

Saturday's sadness




Winter is finally here and all its ferocity. No snow today to speak of That's supposed to come tomorrow morning just before I head out for breakfast no doubt. But it's cold just the same. I went to the market just to pick up a few things that I thought I needed for my meal to get me through till Monday morning most notably horseradish. I did however meet with Janet over at coffee we had a good discussion and enjoyed each other's company for a little bit before we split up for the weekend. My shopping was not very extensive but still, I'm probably doing a lot more impulse shopping that I need to be doing. That's okay I count as my Recreation. I came back home and worked on revitalizing my pot of vegetables that I eat out of every day mainly Peppers that are sliced with all the other stuff like tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, kernel corn and French cut peas. I used both regular tomatoes and I bought some cans of tomato pieces which I find work pretty good for this concoction. I hope it's okay for me to eat as much of it as I am doesn't seem to be hurting me too much if anything. Other than that I pretty much spent the day close to home watching the screen a little bit and just enjoying my space. I think I like to cook more than I like to eat so that gives me a lot of stuff that I don't know what I'm going to do with I guess I could freeze it but maybe eat it at another time but still that's a problem it seems to be developing. At least I'm cooking it could be a lot more expensive if I wasn't like if I was going out all the time for pizza, burgers etc etc.


Sadly I noted in Facebook there's a posting from Wendy the daughter of my next door neighbors when I lived on Murray that her mother had passed away. Her name was Lanae and she was a pretty good neighbor All Things Considered. She and I got along pretty well. Of course I spent more time with Al her husband than I did with Renee but Renee was always around it seemed like. I'm surprised that she is still alive I thought she passed years ago too bad I didn't get over to visit with her more during the Summers. Diane and I were both totally overwhelmed and impressed at how much work Renee did on her yard. I always figured she hated living next to us cuz our yard was such a mess compared to hers. She really did anything to correct our slovenly yard but every once in awhile she would do something that bordered on irritation with us anyway. Overall, however she was a good neighbor we enjoyed her presence. As I said I didn't do a whole lot today only put two miles on my power chair- - which isn't too bad really. I made contact with the granddaughter as well as Marc Anthony and it looks like we will be doing breakfast tomorrow as usual which will be great for us for me to see the kids the only thing I'm concerned about is the amount of snow it's supposed to fall tonight. It won't be too bad tomorrow because it'll be Virgin Snow and therefore easy for my chair to get through it's only after the snow's been there for a while and freezes that the trauma of winter sets in. Either way it's going to be an interesting if not delightful day I can hardly wait

No comments: