Tuesday, January 09, 2024

Tuesday Tales

 Today was cold but not as cold as I thought it would be. I wasn't feeling all that well when I retired last evening and read only till about 11:00 then turned off the light. I hardly ever go to bed this early the result was waking up very early like 3:30 a.m. and then dozing until I finally got up around 6:30 a.m. but I was a little groggy when I got up but after a few minutes I sort of kicked in and I've been good all day actually. But I said earlier the day was cold and in fact there's supposed to be major snow today starting in the afternoon. Of course, my big issue was was it going to catch me and snow on me coming home from my assist meeting. And yes they had an assist me today and I was the only one who showed up from the volunteers. It's not surprising it's just the way that it is. We went through quite a bit of requests for service I signed a lot of documents and hardly a legible hand but I don't think they really care just as long as they got something and it looks like a signature. I visited with the staff a little bit then scrub down a a breakfast burrito that saved for me from their staff meeting which was okay I'd tasted better but it was free and it saved me from having to go to the Taco Time. But, I was kind of surprised because today was a Payday from assist they give us a stipend every other month every couple months not very much 50 60 bucks and it's it's nice it's helpful so I booked ass over to the bank as soon as I got out of the assist meeting put $6 in the bank and $50 in my pocket. Which I'll put in my money book. Like I said it's not much but it's nice to know the appreciate you that much.


Actually by the time I finished with assist, ink in the bank I was surprised at how well the day are nice the day looked so I had the best person dropped me off at the college then backed tracked and stopped at the market to get cucumbers tomatoes in a couple cans of peppers even though I still have some in the closet I wanted to make sure I still had ample Supply if I get snowed in. It was nice to get home turn up the heat and spend the rest of the day goofing around the apartment. Since I got the ingredients for my concoction after I turned on the news on the computer screen I went in and chopped up some tomatoes green cucumbers actually just one cucumber and a can of sliced jalapenos peppers. I think I have everything I need so I don't have to leave the apartment for a couple days if that's what it's going to be they keep talking about how cold and how snowy it's going to get but it kind of think it's not going to be that way. It's 10:00 now and I haven't seen a whole lot of snow and they're supposed to be the front moving right in. Oh well it doesn't matter as long as I can get around and I've got the food I need I'm okay

No comments: