The Writers Guild had lunch today as the dedicated reader knows we do that every couple months get together and visit. At one time the writers were going to bring together pieces of their material with the other folks and get some critique. That happened a couple times never with me however I just had never never written anything that was terrible I guess. For any significant period of time. Jerry of course right she's a writer by training and by profession. And Lori has taught writing and continues to write and they both managed to get themselves published off and on or they do self-publishing and that works too. Every once in a while I get a few urges to write like I used to but I can never carry through with the writing aspect. I just can't think of anything it's like a humongous writers block I've had for decades. I don't know if I'd even recognize the prompting still to write even if they came. I would like to think I could still produce something enjoyable I'm worth the effort to lock myself away and create. I wish I could justify going to the AI/si but that just doesn't seem right. I think I would just feel hollow regardless of what I wrote since I didn't do it myself. I know that sounds pretty selfish on my part but as much as I have badmouthed the AI universe I don't feel right going to the Fountain to see if I can drink some magic Elixir that will turn me into a writer. I'm still terrified of the whole AI thing and what it can do to humanity. I know that sounds a little over the top but it's true I can't help it if it's what TV shows and TV movies and real movies but made of over the years. It's life mimicking fiction and who knows what fiction will do to us. Still I totally enjoyed hanging out with the guys playing like I'm a writer like they are I'm just glad they'll have me at their table. After all they've done they've never told me not to come…
Thursday, October 01, 2026
The Writers Guild and El Nino
Oh, by the way, happy October! I guess I'm happy we're into another month but we're totally in a weird weather system right now. Supposedly we're involved in what they call a El Nino I don't think that's the right name but hopefully you'll know what I'm talking about. A weather phenomenon it's supposed to happen once every 100 or so years but now it's happening like every 3 years or something. Totally weird but the same time it's something that we've done to ourselves sort of like what I was just writing about on the AI Terrors that I was telling you about. If a doesn't get us in the super weather system that seems to be turned against the population of humans well and the other animals will take over the Earth again and perhaps that's best
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment