I the whole day trying to ignore the fact that I lost a whole day yesterday because of pooping my pants- - again! Not trying to be a doomsist but I don't think these incidents are going to stop. I hate to say they're a function of age but I don't have anything else to blame it on. I guess I just have to build it into my financial situation that I'm going to have to pay someone to clean me up whenever this happens. Sometimes I'm going to have to wait 10 hours before something like this is available but just the same I guess it can be done even though it could be expensive, frustrating and somewhat defeating. I guess on the bright side is that I can continue going on without having to enter the halls of assisted living or worse. Even though I felt a little weak from the events I still had things I had to do and one of those was to trans port myself across the valley to the medical center for a medical appointment today at 3:00 or something like that. I use that as an excuse actually not to do my arm bike today which makes me feel somewhat guilty and I'm out 60 minutes. I just didn't feel up to doing the 60 minutes once I got back from the medical center and I felt a little frightened that I might aggravate my bowel. Who knows if that excuse well hold.
This really wasn't a real medical appointment it was just the first involvement of the medical profession to clear me to get a new power chair. That was somewhat exciting made me feel like things are actually being done to bring this about we'll see now. I just now have to work with a new resident guy named Van Hook who is seemingly pretty nice guy and he's willing to work within the system. I think he will assist me in trying to figure out what else I need to do as far as involvement with the physical therapist at the occupational therapist or who else is in charge of measuring me up and making sure I get that chair that I need. It was a good trip if not a very long trip it seemed I got to the doctor's office at the time they said and it still took me more than an hour to get seen. By the time I was finished I had stopped and they had taken some blood and I got my vaccines or my vaccinations for the year covet and the other one so that was productive and got done one shot I still have to pee in a bottle and bring that back so they can do some urine tests but everything else seemed to be somewhat positive. I'm kind of excited Melissa put new sheets on the bed this morning and we made the bed so it looks really nice I just hope I can keep it that way..
No comments:
Post a Comment