Sunday, September 15, 2013

September 15, 2013

It is Sunday afternoon and I am finally getting around to posting a blog update. I don't know why I'm having such a difficult time carving out enough time to routinely update this blog but I seem to be having exactly that problem. I sure hope this inability to write is not a foreshadowing of dark things to come. I hope I'm not being melodramatic I hate it when other folks are melodramatic… I do not need this kind of drama in my life.

I've been sick the last week, sick to the point where faction missed volunteer work as well as Wellness. Oddly the timing of this illness kind of matches what was happening last year at this time. It was late September when I got such a bladder infection that I ended up in the hospital for a couple days. So maybe my being ill this last week is an end of summer ritual. This also means I need to shag ass down to the market pharmacy and get a flu shot for this coming winter. There is some question as to the shots efficacy but I believe in them, I really believe the shots have assisted me getting through the last couple years without major illness. I really believe I need to be very careful with my health at this stage in the game. In fact I need to set an appointment about with the dermatologist check out spots on my scrotum I don't like. Hopefully it's nothing but one can never tell. It's best to get checked out regardless of how terrifying the whole thing is to me.

I just got back from visiting next-door, my friend Al. I didn't spend long because I could tell he was busy trying to repair his vehicle. I sure wish there was more to do at moments like this to assist someone physically. Motor repair is way out of my comfort zone. He was also under the gun because his wife wanted to use the car this afternoon go to the market and looks like a no go for right now. I could tell Albert was anxious to get back to his car project so I let him be and headed back to the house and my afternoon. I'm well enough, I believe, to go back to work or volunteer tomorrow at 211. I will have to see how well I feel Tuesday to see if I continue to volunteer and later go to Wellness. I have some residual coughing but below the rails seem to be dissipating and that's good. I'm still feeling anxious from time to time which worries me but maybe that's just where I am at at this point in my life and hopefully things will settle down. I feel a lot of the anxiety have been experiencing is related to my recent decision to quit using tobacco. I knew there'd be an adjustment, there always is, but this challenge seems to of been more than I remember. I used to pride myself on being able to recreationally smoke but I think that is the thing the past. I need to be smoke-free and that's just the way it is.


That's the way it is a Sunday the middle of September of my 62nd year. 

2 comments:

riptideselkie said...

Hey there,
I know it's not like retirement is brand new but this is still a huge time of change in your life. Anxiety is to be expected. I know I don't communicate as much as I should but I think you're doing all the right things to edge into this change. I follow another blog, http://bigdaveblogger.blogspot.com/ and he's just retiring recently too, and younger than you by a couple years. I hear a few of the same anxieties now and then there too. I think maybe it's just natural. We're so socialized to be PART of the working society to not be doing that feels off.
Hugs, I love you. Take care.

Meadowlark's Mind said...

Thanks Riptide,love your support and love you. Thanks for stopping by,Meadowlark