Monday, September 23, 2013

Bomb Threat Checklist




You may recall that my last work assignment before my retirement kicked him was an operator at the local information referral System. Her in Salt Lake City. I have enjoyed my experience with this group answering phones in giving out information to folks all over the state of Utah. Part of the enjoyment of this project has been the fact we are located in the pretty interesting building in the downtown area Salt Lake City. Were on the third floor soon to be going to the fourth floor but that's yet another post in this blog. What really fascinated me when I came on board was to note the FBI had offices on the top floor of this building. I thought that was so interesting have always working in this building. It was strange that you never saw them. Every once in a while you see a suit who didn't recognize and realize it was one of the FBI guys that didn't use their secret elevator are whatever they use to get to the top floor of this building.

The FBI is gone now from the 13th floor from the whole building for that matter. They built an entire building to house the program out West Salt Lake which is okay. I miss the romance of having those guys in the building just add a little prestige to go to work and think Utah FBI was in the same building as you. It's interesting though is the of the day, a couple weeks ago, I came to work or to volunteer and see the announcement stapled to the wall above my computer. Now, I could see such document if the feds are still up there but now they're gone and also we need to be on the lookout are be wary of bomb threats to the building what am I missing here?


For the longest time I would take the elevator up to the 13th floor just to see what was going on. I like just to see how far you can go sometimes. Right after the feds moved out I was up there mingling with a lot of blue-collar guys with Levi jeans.Martin type boots, flannel shirts walking back and forth knocking out walls and tearing things down. There was all kinds of computer stuff laying around, nothing of any value but still tons of stuff literally. It look like a major portion of the floor was frames and frames hard drives, the computer farm of some sort. Probably millions and millions of gigabytes of information. One of the week later and all that was gone the whole floor was abandoned flat like a park without grass and Windows looking out all over Salt Lake it was beautiful sight to behold. Lisa go up every Monday morning just to look at what the city wake up. I was dismayed last week when I went to check out the city and the 13th floor button no longer worked. I d  press the button it would light and as soon as I removed my finger the light would go out. The elevator would no longer access the 13th floor. Thats a shame it  is really cool up there. But now, it seems to be a mute issue with maybe somebody is not happy with the building. To the point they've issued  a document of what to do page in case of a bomb threat. Seems a little late for that now and kind of spooky with all that's gone on in this country in the last 12 or 13 years.I would hate to get blown up with the Fed's gone doesn't seem right.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting article
Thanks for sharing

Umi