Sunday, March 25, 2018

Again and Again



It's snowing outside, right Palm Sunday and snow! Been snowing all day off and on. The snow is been somewhat vigorous a lot of sideways snow. If I wasn't so warm to be a lot of snow on the ground if the snow was not melting as quickly as it is falling. The snowfalls nice to look at though especially since I had nowhere to go today. I even washed yesterday so today I just hung the clothes in between movies and Facebook and staring outside my living room window.

I watched Ironman for don't know how many times. I just do not get tired of the movie and there is no charge for the movie with my Amazon membership . However, if I want to watch the other two Ironman movies I could, but what not enjoy those two especially if I have to pay. Same way for Shrek. I love the first movie but the follow-up movies did not hold the same brilliance at least for me. Sadly that seems to be the case almost across the board for sequels perhaps if you produce enough sequels you'll get lucky and do a couple but might be as good as the first assignor felt this was true with the Star Wars universe and to some degree the Star Trek franchise. Actually for me, because so little science-fiction is produced I can usually sweat through poor additions to a franchise just because when you're in the desert any liquid is appreciated. Though it's not science-fiction, I did watch the Bourne Identity and most of the Bourne Supremacy. Again, Bourne Identity is much easier for me to watch over and over again versus Bourne Supremacy or Bourne Ultimatum.

This weekend I also watched Walle (I know that not the way you spell it is just easier) and Finding Nemo. I watched Walle twice and Nemo once. I love the animation and they really have great storylines. I understand Nemo as a sequel out but I've been very hesitant to consider the animation. I don't know how they could improve on their initial offering. Walle I would take the risk. I would love to see what they do with the world so it's not necessarily the Walle sequel as much as it is a feature its own right of the survivors of the BNL cruise. I think the creators of Walle would do a great job if they have the ambition, will and time to consider such a project. I don't know. I listen to the commentary on the show and was quite surprised at how many years it took to bring Walle to fruition. Both of these pieces of animation I recently purchased off Amazon for just pennies and the postage to get the movies here. They were worth the investment. Sadly be that the movies and our collection at my home on Utahna whether they are still there and not who knows? I am trying with all my might not to make a sweet and rich chocolate cake with chocolate frosting or cookies nice oatmeal and walnut raisin cookies. I don't need the calories nor the temptation. If I want something sweet and crunchy. I will pour me a cup of sugar frosted flakes and call it a night.

No comments: