Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Legacy



I actually had two events booked for today one was DRAC and one was A. T. Council for the state of Utah—actually the Council is referred to as Utah A.T, Council.I know I have written about the Council before  was just to lazy to research before writing tonight. Both meetings started 12 with a lunch. I elected to go to my A. T. Council meeting which I really have supported for the decades i have been in Utah and truth be told Council offers a catered meal (hot) the other would be part of a Subway sandwich and potato chips. I kind of felt bad with my choice but really DRAC is a monthly meeting which are usually attend and Council now meets just twice a year which is a bit of a shame. Counsel is attended by other professionals from around the state from the area of assistive technology which is one of my favorite subjects primarily because I use assistive technology as much as I do. A.T. Council was one of the a boards I felt strongly about staying active in after my retirement. I just delete any legacy to this silly state it would be a strong assistive technology commitment. There is so much tech in the state which is not being used are underutilized there needs to be a process or system to highlight this resource.

Today we were served tortellini or another form of macaroni and the choice of red sauce marinara sauce, or some sort white sauce if one needed protein/meat you can add cooked chicken to your marinara sauce. The chicken tasted like it'd been boiled which is not my favorite flavor(some like wet feathers) but I found that if I doused the chicken with enough marinara sauce the choice was quite edible. Fancy dancy roles and cookies the size of the palm of your hand. Interesting I've noticed over the last couple years meals provided by the University system which is state owned as got the way of providing flavored drinks such as sodas. Now, the best you can do is get a bottle of water. I was thinking about this this morning as I was making copy that are built where one of the only that does not provide coffee at these kinds of meetings. Not that I need a stimulant in the middle of the day, but sometimes it sure wouldn't hurt staying awake for the rest of the meeting.

For me the best part of the meeting was meeting up with folks that I've worked with for a long time. I believe I missed last fall's meeting as I was reconfiguring my life following the divorce. But now hopefully I'm back on track and I will continue to make these meetings. I noted with interest one of the topics discussed are shared with the group today was the implementation of a website which would list used assistive technology for sale, or maybe even donation. Alma, a still youngish Yahoo from Utah State University was all excited as he explained this “new” program., Went on and on finally someone mentioned perhaps he should ask me for some since that is exactly what I had for the longest time with Access Utah Network. I was not hurt, I'm long removed from that time of my life however, I was a bit wistful – – I'm just glad that part of my legacy is living on.

No comments: