Saturday, October 31, 2020

Boo-hoo Halloween Blues

 


It's Halloween and boy does it not feel like Halloween not that Halloween , in my estimation is one of the low-level holidays if one could even call it a holiday. But this year the holidays feels even more ho-hum than usual. For no apparent reason today I settled up and went over to the bus stop just to put some mileage on my chair. Not really happy with ways performing the last couple days so I just wanted know if I can get the batteries run down quicker than usual. Bus drivers usually grow out of their way dressing up for this holiday not this year. Oh, they did take advantage of having the ability to dress up in a costume but most of the drivers I encountered today pretty much just wore the street clothes. They did not wear their traditional blue uniforms which is all right by me.


I guess what I'm feeling this year's Halloween being the low achiever primarily because of the Covid 19 virus. Halloween's popularity has been dropping off the past couple of years I've noted. When I was still living in Murray we really didn't even participate. We turned off the lights went to the back of the house and watch TV it was delightful. Instead of going door-to-door people were going to ward houses are other community gathering points and doing the trunk or treat. So it's not a surprise that the drivers aren't dressing up like they used to but there sure taking the day to dress down. On my one trip down south to desert industries there is nobody on the bus there's only a few folks on the way back. The driver coming back with delighted that I would engage in conversation I think he was just totally banana board. I was glad to meet his day.


It's really weird is that not only is it Halloween today it's also the day when we returned to standard time. Return the clocks back 2:00 AM tomorrow morning. This is the latest that I remember we've gone before turning back the clock's. It doesn't matter much to me except for won't the darkness come quicker now? I always get these things mixed up so for the next couple days I'll be confused. I will most likely be home however with no place to go not much to worry about what time it is.


My housekeeper called about 5 AM this morning, I was already awake but still I was a bit startled when my cell phone notified me that my home health aide, Annette wanted to come at 6:30 AM which is great for me the earlier the better. She was on time and I engaged her congratulate her on her new position that will take her away from me as a home health provider. She's a little startled as I knew but she was also relieved. As I've written I will miss her greatly but something tells me not to worry she may not be gone that long. If nothing else she still wants to do the housekeeping part of our relationship. Will have to play that by year because she'll be working 12 hour shifts three days a week at a long-term care facility. I think Annette is going to do great great's and that I'm going to have to train another Person who I think will be Melanie who has a basic concept of me but I've never really engaged her as the full-time provider. Melanie's good to just get me by but we'll have to see about becoming the actual person now that Annette seems to have left. Actually, Annette gave me a probably 10 to 20 minutes of time which were not billed. I'm afraid I'll just have to be a little less cared for and doing a little bit later in the morning (8:30 AM!) .


So ends another month of this most bizarre year of 2020 I don't say anything because it feels like it would only get worse whatever I verbalize. Happy Halloween and on the November and who knows what strife awaits the intrepid voter…

No comments: