Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Holding The Bed




Monday morning when Annette showed up for my home health services for the day she brought with her a basket or bag which a been hanging on the front door. I was kind of amused because I didn't hear anything last night of someone messing with the front door. I'm usually more attuned to that kind of stuff but not last Sunday I guess. This was kind of a weird bag of goodies apples and I think a potato as well as a bottle of body wash. I don't know if the body wash was a new bottle or A bottle of wash for the body they got tired of. However, it was manly stuff supposedly Right Guard body wash. Then of course on the top of the whole heap there was a “come to Jesus” brochure. I had been wondering who had placed of on my doorknob but then after seeing the brochure I realized it was one of the resident “sky pilots”. Then I was curious was I singled out and if so why or was I just the person at the end of the hall and everybody got a basket or bag of Christian goodies. I don't think everybody else did from what Annette told me. I seem to be the only door I got gifted.


I kind of wish I knew who'd gone to the effort to put the bed together. This would allow me to know how focused this individual was what I need to watch out for. Someone really trying to save my soul or was I just someone's challenge from Sunday school our priesthood meeting or whatever. You know “pick somebody in your apartment complex who you feel could use the Lord in their life today”. I know I sat through enough meetings where they've asked for such intelligence. If you produced name. Produce a pair of young men or women to go visit them possibly put a bag of apples on the door. I don't think so however. I think I possibly know who it might be. She's a real “sky pilot”. She's not as bad as some of the pilots but she's pretty sneaky. She's a person who would put together a whole luncheon month after month and the long-term effort of culling wayward souls. I've been a little aggressive the last couple of months as well just because of how involved she is been in pushing the anti-Covid restrictions making sure tables are separated far enough apart, everybody's wearing their masks and know what is violating the Covid rules. What is said with a little combat of and it would not surprise me if this is some sort of a perceived As a burial some sort of hatchet. No hatchet buried as far as I'm concerned that would suggest that I cared enough to bury a hatchet. Soap the soap however and I can always use a whole bottle of soft soap shower who can't? I wasn't impressed with the apples however they are kind of mushy. I ate one Apple and that was it. I appreciate the effort and the courage it takes to throw your Christian gauntlet before the swine of this world…


No comments: