Sunday, June 06, 2021

Two Dollar Grandpa

 




I don't even remember how long ago I started this practice my written about it before but I still write my kids letters every month. Not all of them but most of them. Some who I have ready contact with I don't necessarily write the don't know if that's fair but that seems to me the way it is right now that all things might change the tend to. But this month it's been a little more difficult than usual to get letters out. Not sure exactly why but I did have a number of events, lunches etc. that may have gotten in the way but were still in the first week of the month and I got the mail out a few hours ago so, that is not so bad I guess. There's no sure and fast law which says it has to be out the first week of the month and really if our wise/smart I would probably stagger the mail out over much time. That might be a little more saner than something I'll have to consider particularly if I include any other regular folks to write to.


Interestingly, I think my writing the letters – at this point in time – is much more important to me than to who the letters go to, and I realize that's a broad statement, I think the letters are kind of a pain in the butt to some of the folks that get them particularly of what to do with them once they get the letters. The tend to pile up if you don't have a immediate file system set up. I guess if they were smart to throw them away but it's hard to throw that kind of stuff away, believe me I know. Later on in life I think the folks might be more interested in the content in the ramblings of the silly old man that now. Even the kids who still get the money (two dollars) it's not much probably more of a pain in the butt because of the small amount than even spending that. One of the mothers I know saves up the dollars so every couple months the kids end up having a fairly decent sum to spend. It's trivial I know but I've rather gotten a dollar from some of my relatives that I got Christmas presents from the yearly writing pen with the clasp hands, praying hands, on the outside of the pen and the prayer written on the side of the pen, you know “Give me the strength to change…” The alcoholic prayer. I have a set of grandparents were Salvation Army that's what I got every year for a gift. I grew to love the pens just because they were fun to use in school. I use the fence to ward off Christians or other religious fanatics in my life. When they would approach me I would flip out my pen hold up in front of me like a crucifix to a vampire and shout “Out, out, away with you!!”. It was pretty hilarious before the accident but after the accident the lost all of the fact with Hands which couldn't really quickly grasped something. By that point I don't think the grandparents for sending me stuff anymore anyway. I'm sure I'm just as weird as my grandparents which is just as well. I have earned any Rude comments which might be made. Still, is symbolic to do and nothing else ensure a live within the me at family functions long after I'm gone I will be known as the two dollar grandpa.

No comments: