Saturday, June 12, 2021

Saturday Supper

 



Entropy is taking over my apartment, whatever unseen force that causes everything to breakdown is also causing my apartment to slip, slowly but surely in the chaos. I did just enough to make the place habitable. People who visit via chat or whatever say that the apartment looks good and they tend to complement me on how well the place looks. I know better I also know how to set the camera when I broadcast so they see the best side. I should use those backgrounds which are available – – I noticed a lot of folks at my resume meeting the other day were utilizing them – –. I just always forget to go through the setup process before a meeting or a chat starts.. Anyway it's not like there's anybody I need to impress when I do video chats or whatever it's called. I keep thinking things get better once the new power chair get here and I can move some of this stuff out of the apartment. I'm not sure where I'm going to put the current backup chair as well as to patient lifts. I also like to make believe this will make the apartment cleaner when in reality I just need a home helper/housekeeper. I always say this but never do anything about it. Maybe soon.


I just had Saturday supper. Sometimes I like to believe I'm having a special meal at the of the week which I call my Saturday supper. Sometimes my Saturday supper is a big old steak, sometimes sloppy Joe's or sometimes just chili and crackers and cheese. Tonight, my Saturday supper was a personal favorite, are used to be, La Choy chow mein dinner in a can. Growing up every once in a while mom came home from the store with that big can of La Choy Chinese dinner. Actually it would be for five cans and that's what it would take to feed the family but I thought it was the best taste in the world aside from being at a real Chinese restaurant. Sometimes, La Choy would go into the food storage section of the house and we would just keep it there for some time “special”. This would drive me crazy every time I saw the cans. I still have some of that behavior now, as some of you readers know, I tend to purchase things than wait forever before I end up consuming. Two weeks ago I bought a can of La Choy beef chow mein dinner. And I've waited and waited for the right moment which was last night. I had one serving in put the rest in the fridge having the rest this evening for my Saturday supper which I ate as I watched my current Netflix interest “Sweet Tooth”. The dinner wasn't special nor was it fancy just playing good old American middle-class comfort food from the 60s. I'm surprised I can still find the stuff. Now La Choy Dinners as well as noodles are just a memory of what they used to be. The only thing that still holds a candle what it used to be is the soy sauce. I don't care the process and the eating makes all the difference for me. I still have a little bit of the chow mein left which I might have just before dinner for a late-night Saturday supper…

No comments: