Sunday, June 29, 2014

Almost Naked






I'm doing something this summer that I have never done before, at least since my accident which is more than 40 years ago. I am going topless! I know in our culture is no big deal for a guy to take it off and walk around his yard and house all summer long. Daniel, my neighbor who lives across the street is always topless. He mows his yard, works in his garage and cooks out all topless. Dan works out, enough said. I used to think I envied his body (I probably do) but more than that, I envied his self-acceptance of his body and Dan's ability to walk around not worrying but anybody especially the neighbors thought or said.

I think I briefly commented on a number of blogs ago about coming to accept my body for what it is. I'm disabled, I'm old and I could've taken better care of the body that I have. I think this except it's really started when I began my regimen of self catheterization. For the first time from 40 some years I began paying attention to parts of my body type, forgotten were there. And strange as this was, I liked it. I awakened a vein of exhibitionism long covered-up. I think I may have been made to be a nudist. So the last couple days all I have been wearing around the house are shorts and really they are kind of short shorts. But I can't believe how liberating and fun it has been cruising around my garden and garage topless. Now be aware I'm okay doing this on my own property but were I to go over to a next-door neighbors or across the street to Dan's I would throw in a shirt. I have not gotten that secure with my body yet.


So I'm old, I am fat but I love who I am, I love every curve, every swerve, every waggle my body produces whenever I move. I love my man boobs by huge love handles by belly button and yes, even my microscopic penis because it's all me, it's who I am it's what I have to be at this point in my life. And I've come to the realization I can be happy in public almost naked.

No comments: