Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Summer Days



I was up early for my 10 AM meeting at 211, yes I am still on 211 advisory board. I'm not sure if I enjoy my service on this board but I feel I need to be there to make sure that people disabilities privacy Is not compromised. And I'm not this huge privacy rights guy it's just the program called Special Needs Registry just leaves me with the queerest of feelings. Anyway I leave the house about 8 o'clock or a little after. I was making pretty good time regardless of the obstacles which Popping up along the way. I even decided I had enough time for breakfast so I stopped at Mickey D's got sausage biscuit, fried potato and orange juice. I was kind of proud of myself for not stopping in at Starbucks as is my usual custom. I just didn't need Starbucks today.

I usually get off the train at the Gallavin Center and then power my chair over the block 2 and half blocks to the 257 building which houses 211. Instead today I took the train to the transit hub by the end of line where route 2 originates out of. Route two would drop me off right across the street from my building. I've never done this so I thought given a shot, I saw it as a way of conserving energy because I had a feeling it would be a long day. And I was mildly surprised I actually got to the building into the meeting a good five minutes before the meeting began. The meeting was taxing but I got through it. I was free for the rest of the day. I ended up going over to the Harmon's market to get a bite of lunch and to throw my chair on the charger for an hour or so which I did. I got chili in the bunch crackers. I was even able to Jack-in to the Internet while I ate and waited my batteries to charge. Since I had no more business downtown and made my way to the train station and as I was crossing the Gallavin Ctr., Plaza I noticed a ruckus going on. My day begin to turn, I had landed right in the middle of an ice cream giveaway. Hard ice cream cones and scooped and no waiting. I was mildly impressed true they only had one flavor (chocolate chip and vanilla) but they had number of cones already scooped sitting there ready to go so as the line moved up the next person got their ice cream cone and was sent on their way. I guess it was a new brand of ice cream that Meadow Gold dairy was trying to promote but what a great way to do it. There is even entertainment vocalist with a horn section, the mandatory person and a cow costume and black T-shirts handing out paper crowns. This was not such a high price to pay for good ice cream on a hot day. There is even this goofy guy who was dancing to the music. I was so impressed with his silliness I videoed a few minutes worth.


I know it was kind of a flatline day but really not bad. I got to be in the city in the morning which I really do like. I got some strokes for being at a meeting I was not paid to be at and was rewarded with free ice cream. Not such a bad day.

No comments: