Monday, May 11, 2015

Degrees of Guilt


I have to admit I'm feeling a little bit guilty for an act  I did last week. I was going through KSL.com's Classified section when I came upon an Upper tone exercise system! Now the overtone exercises to is what I would call the Cadillac of physical therapy workout machines for people with quadriplegia or tetraplegia. The Upper tone is a huge system that surrounds the individual working out. The Upper Tone system actually allows the individual in a wheelchair with limited hand function to do approximately 17 different exercise regimens virtually exercising all muscle systems of the upper body. This machine, I believe, is actually better than much of the equipment at Wellness, where I work out three or four times a week. The best part about this whole transaction was that the selling party was asking only $250 for this nearly new machine. Brand-new, or if I were to purchase this from a dealer I priced the machine at $3500. I also picked up some catheters which was a good deal to except for I forgot that when I had these kind of catheters before I really had a difficult time using them, but the price is right and I ever need him I will have as backup catheters. The materials were located in the city in another county which is about 45 minutes from Salt Lake,, the problem was Saturday was a day of storms and much rain for this part of the world. I would like to go with Dianne to pick up the Upper Tone but was be in the back of the van they would've been no room for equipment so I had to stay home. The drive to Highland Utah was a bit of a challenge. It is quite easy to get used to the logical layout of streets in Salt Lake County and many other parts of Utah. However in many of the new regional buildups around the state they have gone off the grid system which makes finding anywhere you're not familiar with a great challenge. Luckily Dianne had her cell phone and the numbers to call and finally able to reach the seller.

So, what was my guilt? My guilt is it somebody else of used that equipment better than I who could've afforded the great price the seller was offering? I mean I could've paid for for the system had they want to and certainly would've been worth the cost to me. In fact somebody else was interested in the equipment but we pressured the seller to solidify the deal over the phone when we made the initial inquiry. The seller was hesitant but we were firm and committed even though we couldn't pick equipment up until Saturday. We got it. So I feel a little guilty but not much I really need a comprehensive workout machine here at the house and now I have one.

So Monday morning, here we are, a brand-new exercise system to put into my home as soon as I can clear a space in my computer room. This will take some work, thinking and physical support so I don't see this happening overnight but that's okay I continue my Wellness programs. However, we will have to get someone to help us remove the Upper Tone from the van so I might be able to get back in the van when needed.


Yesterday was Mother's Day and a beautiful morning Dianne was up and helped staff to be ready for the day and we were so feeling the morning we decided to go out to breakfast. Luckily for us there is a village in not too far away just a few blocks so, I powered up to the village and in Dianne drove the van. So it turned out okay but we got has a very simple as that. The weather has been cold and wet the past few days however today promises temperatures in the 70s and dry weather… I got a go.

No comments: