Saturday, May 30, 2015

LIKE THE FEEL



I just got back from a cruise around the neighborhood in my new chair and I know this is no big deal but it kind of is. As you know I got the chair couple days ago Dianne dropped me off at Sugarhouse rehab and then I was on my own from there. It was a good day and I was pleased when I got home to see the chair had only used about10% of the charge and thought this was extraordinary. I had Mark plug the chair as always and went to sleep, next day I was sitting at 88% charge and looked like the charger had been unplugged. I was frustrated but decided go with it and see what happens. At the end of that day the charger was at 78% . This time I did plug it in and made sure was plugged in right, everything looked okay it seem to be charging orange lights flashing I went sleep. The next morning, I was vexed to see the charging indicator still registering 78%. I Texted Tom atUCAT , Tom said to bring the chair in which I did. Dianne had a doctors appointment on Redwood Road and drop me off and I bus the rest of the way.

It was a long day at Create. I've not known Tom very long, I understand he is down from Utah State but he really has not impressed me too much at this point. However I sat there with him as he worked out the problem of the chair… Hopefully he did. He went through a couple of his own remedies of which didn't work eventually contacted pride technical support, I don't know if it was a man thing of having to ask for help or what but certainly made the operation go quicker once that was done. I'm just glad we found anybody Pride on the Friday afternoon . We pulled out the batteries reconnected them and basically rebooted the motherboard of the computer on the chair and eventually had to reprogram the whole thing but all worked and I was out there by 3 o'clock doing the long road home.


So, last night I had Leticia plug the chair in right this time I went through the whole process and looked like it was charging and you know what? It was' this morning the meter read 100%. I really wanted puts more time on the chair so, I quickly pulled close, wash dishes swept the floor in the kitchen and took off. Dianne has been having a hard time with her shingles and diarrhea. The filter is probably best letter sleep and get out of the house and not bug her. I cruised up the neighborhood stopped in the garage sale and spent time talking to Swede the old guy, World War II vet and we talked good and like old guys. The sun shone fiercely may even have got a sunburn But it feels good. From there I went up to State Street over to Big five, then Toys “R” Us. Must feeling flaky so I bought a couple candy bars one for me or for Dianne. I came home, straight home. The chair had like a champ I'm sitting at 95% charge after going 1.9 miles of travel pretty good have to admit I'm a bit impressed. Tried to call Mark A, and Ross but to no avail maybe later. It feels like a summer Saturday. I like the feel.

No comments: