Monday, May 18, 2015

Universe/God Nudges



Its funny how how Universe/God motivates me to move...My power chair which I have totally relied on mobility since my stenosis overpowered my ability to transfer as well as exist in my manual chair has been more and more becoming unreliable. The manual chair will randomly stop but eventually will seem to reset itself allowing me to continue my travels. It is flashed warnings on my control deck but I have failed to take action because of my dependence on this device for my daily needs. Well, my inaction has finally come full circle to bite me on the butt. This morning my chair finally became so unreliable as to be non-usable.


I have been blessed these past few months to be working on strength building  my physical therapy sessions. I've been getting stronger, I've been doing better on my lifts, particularly transferring from my power chair onto the mats. The transfers have been successful but I have not really use them home where I need to. This really is the next step in my independence, or regaining my independence. I don't know if I was just scared or overly cautious or just lazy but I'm not taken the next step. Actually, right after I returned home from the hospital I did try to use my manual chair but it was no use then I did not have the strength of the endurance to tolerate being in the manual chair. Dianne, tried to help but I ended up damaging her in her efforts to assist me. That was a couple months ago with the help of the folks at rehab and I think my continued use of strengthening equipment at Wellness and my hand bike at home I've been building the strength that I need to get back into the manual chair and use it as I need. However today the Universe/God decided to give me a nudge. Transferring to my manual chair became imperative I had to do it. I took quite a while building up the courage and negotiating my power chair – – because of its limitations – – to get situated just right. Dianne had to air up the tires and the manual chair, Since it been so long since I use the chair, and then I did it. It wasn't A beautiful lift or transfer but I did it! I am sitting in my manual chair is nowhere as comfortable as the big old power chair and I'm worried about my butt but I don't know what other options I have. Possibly, using the dreaded manual chair which is ordered last year that I've refused to use because of issues identified in earlier posts. However, I may have to reconsider this decision in light of the fancy dancing cushion that chair has. But today, I'm in my manual chair roll around and feeling pretty good about the events which started out so grim.  Thank you for the great forces of the Universe.

No comments: