Friday, August 28, 2020

It's An Art Thing

 Picasso's Blue Nude


Let me start off by saying I almost know nothing about art, aside what one could garner from liberal arts education which means I had to take one class titled Art Appreciation, three hours of somewhat boring lecture with the company's slides and paper requiring a couple nights or weekends of the library. Essentially I didn't really get anything out of the experience. Over the years for one reason or another have been exposed to oversized coffee table art books and wondered just what people saw in these pieces of art. I just couldn't figure it out not really until I married Dianne. Dianne came with not only a couple of great kids but some great pieces of art. A couple pieces by Mark Chagall and Joan Miro, Large framed pieces of art which adorned our walls. For the first time I found myself staring at these pieces of art. After a while the pieces to become somewhat invisible as regards our life, but they were always there when you wanted to stop and just admire them. When we had company there are always impressed. Dianne knew all about the pieces and I've come to know more about them. Of course, are pretty much lost access to the art except for a short period when I enjoyed a couple pieces. A giant Chagall and a smaller Miro. I love cavalrymen the apartment. I truly have developed art appreciation to the point that now I'm considering actually purchasing some pieces of my own. Talk about such a thing and doing are two very different things but begin to explore online art houses and offerings just to see. Like I said I don't know anything really about art and art acquisition but I'm going to learn.


I purchased a Picasso! Actually it say posterior of a Picasso:. The Blue Nude, Actually it's one of the pieces that Dianne had or are poster of one. I mean the thing costly $12 so I don't know if I can count it as art but once I get the peace in a frame behind glass came up in the bathroom who the hell cares who the hell knows. I really liked Picasso when I have it hanging in the bathroom and if I like it, really is not all it matters? You go online and you can find signed and numbered copies of these pieces of art. I need to know what all that means. It seems like lithographs are more expensive than other renderings of the same piece. The pieces are signed and numbered like One out of 500 or one out of 200. I kind of think that that means there only 200 of the pieces rendered but did the artist to 200 copies are is or just one copy that cost thousands of dollars and the others are copies but was removed and there really to hundred of those made in that makes the costs significantly lower than the one and only are is there only one? I know really only one per person that I'll ask these questions of. My daughter-in-law knows a lot about this art stuff and I want to see if I can ask her some of these questions she'll know. I don't know what I'll learn and I hope I don't become dreadfully boring but sometimes it's nice to have something to appreciate…

No comments: