Saturday, May 21, 2005

I WISH I WERE SMARTER

I wish I were smarter I really do. The past couple of weeks I have been doing most of my computer work on my lap top in the living room. I have found this area, a nice place to write and update my blog, do emails and some graphics work. I guess I have neglected my PC which lives in the “Computer Room.” I was going to work on that system I call Guardian, yesterday when I got home from work but I could not get the system to boot. This is the first time this has happened to the point that I could not even get to the desktop. Up till now, if and when this has happened I have rebooted a a couple of times and finally I have able to get to the desktop and run my programs. But now I cannot even to the desktop. I have figured out how to use the “task master” and “run” some of the programs but I cannot get out to the INTERNET , which I need to post items to the blog as wwell as the other things I need to do like banking, ordering and FTP engines I need to update some of he websites I do. This is not a huge deal because I can do all that from my laptop but I just having equipment which does not work. I of course run XP and I should be able to manage this software but I cannot. I am searching for my XP disk to re-install but I cannot even find this vital piece of software. I really piss myself off sometime. I should be smarter.

No comments: