Even though I know it is not going back too much there's certainly the possibility if not probability that it could amount to much and then I'd be in big trouble- - Maybe. I'm talking about the giant storm supposed to be coming into this area tonight tomorrow and for all the next week supposedly. Rain is going to come and the temperature is going to fall and we're going to have storms. Like I said it's the biggest thing the local news folks has been talking about for the last week or so even the national news has had a couple stories about storms on the west coast and storms on the East Coast. They're even dragging El Nino into the whole thing. El Nino the Giant heating system of weather phenomenon or whatever it is which is supposed to arrive in the Wasatch Front tomorrow sometime. It's also Friday not that I'm Catholic, but if I can eat something this year fish like on Fridays I usually do. So this afternoon I got a hankering for New England's clam chowder. I had a can of this last week and I know I bought two but I couldn't find the one so I went on the bad Dash down the block and across the street over to the market. Of course had to go to the soup section of my market and of course Campbell's soup is a major section of that section. I always am a Marvel that the Campbell's Soup selections. I really only use a two or three of the kinds of soup you know being with bacon of course, chicken noodle and vegetable beef but today I was all in for clam chowder. I know clam chowder out of a cans not quite as nice as clam chowder matron scratch but I like to believe one of my favorite restaurants does Marketplace. Still having to get the clammy soup product without having to go out is still nice and lets me celebrate Friday like a fish day which I like to do if I get a chance. But all the different kinds of Campbell Soup amazes me but what amazes me even more what's that I think the soup is like two bucks and change! I know it's inflation but still that much money for soup but you still have to put water in and you cook? Even being with bacon but she used to be Dirt Cheap even in the old days was up there in that Arena of high prices. I only got one can of the soup and it was Progressive or Progresso I had the soup for dinner tonight. I probably should have waited till tomorrow when the storm is here to have the hot soup but I've got other favorites for the tomorrow and the rest of the weekend. I'm also debating whether to make sloppy joes or fry up some hamburgers. And I still have the hot dogs I haven't really gotten into yet, they all beef dog and I even got fresh hot dog buns and mixed with you for big bag of chips I should be ready for just about anything. I even weakened at one point in almost bought a roast that I thought about making tomorrow but really with all the food that I've got in the refrigerator now so I need to eat I just couldn't justify doing a roast though I'd like to. So, whatever the storms may bring I'm set even with cans of overpriced soup

No comments:
Post a Comment