I know it's probably not very healthy but, I like to keep cash in the apartment you know, operating funds, for those little things you don't want to have to use a credit card or check people still write checks? I know I do at least one a month. But nor to keep cash you have to get cash so usually after the first of the month but I've gotten my money in I like to go down to the credit union and pull out a hundred or so dollars in $20 bills or $10 bills or both just to have for emergencies. Like when I had to have my caregiver come over in the middle of the night to assist me- - for an hour or so - - I was just able to pay here 20 bucks in cash and she was okay I was okay the overhead company was okay since they didn't know but everybody was okay. It's a little awkward anyway when I run out of cash and then I'm just left with egg on my face with nothing to pay the piper. I also like to use cash when I run across the street too the market and pick up just one or two things. If I'm really Brave I leave the credit cards at home and just travel with the cash and have to get whatever I can just get with that and call it good.
I wish my credit union was closer to where I live. They used to be one like almost just across the street but that's long gone. Now I have to catch maybe two buses to get to my credit union. I know that sounds like a tremendous hassle but it's really not too bad especially if you're in the middle of the morning or the day. I have to take the bus from my apartment to the transit point which is the Community College and they're transferred to another bus which takes me over to the area by the credit union. I at one time actually rolled in my chair from my apartment over to the credit union and Back Again so I know I can do it it's just a terrifically physical event and I'm currently extremely worried about a possible wound on my rear end and I don't want to put my body through that kind of trauma. I think I'm doing enough damage just going by buses anyway, the buses run relatively quick so I'm not waiting forever. I finally get to the credit union and get in line. Where's the neat things about this Credit Union is it's pretty much all staffed by Spanish speaking folks and it meets a lot of Spanish speaking customers. It's pretty cool just sit there and be the minority. Anyway, I'm sitting in line with him forever. Luckily I was and a pretty short line which doesn't really matter if the lines not moving. Today the line is barely moving I don't know what was going on but it was a little exasperating. I'm sitting there, at the head of the line, waiting to be called and I noticed the guy at the service counter has a pretty wild shirt on but then I look closer and see this guy's actually standing in his pajamas. He's got this great shirt but then he's wearing the great shirt over pajama bottoms, Homer Simpson pajama bottoms. It's weird that I've noticed more and more people out in settings like this or the market or on the bus actually wearing pajama bottoms if not just complete pajamas usually under a jacket or something it's pretty strange. I wonder if they just wake up and say oh better get dressed put on the shirt over the job over the jammies and off they go- - to my credit union!

No comments:
Post a Comment