Thursday, October 08, 2026

Thousands

 I literally have thousands of blog postings! Well do the math I do a Blog everyday very rarely have I missed a day and each blog is about 500 Words usually 500 words or more. There's been a handful of days where I've done less but that's a rule I tried to keep my postings at 500 Words which I figure is roughly the amount of words on a page if you're doing a book. I haven't totally researched that out but it's kind of the way I feel. In the long time reader will remember that the whole concept of the blog for me was to see if I had the ability to keep writing something day after day until it's completion or whatever. At this point in my life I don't see completion being part of the formula so it's so whatever. I just keep writing and writing and writing pretending that I'm a writer I think I am so I'd like to be. Now if I can harness the same zeal for one particular subject or person are subject matter I could have had a book done by now and who knows maybe even published. I would be happy to have something published even if it's self-published. I believe I wrote about our friend Jerry Who's part of the writers group that I call writers Guild. He's the writer for the Deseret News newspaper. I kind of think he's retired I think he does guest columns every once in awhile that's what newspaper emeritus writers do, I guess. Jerry keeps doing these cool things that I never really thought of. When he wants to publish something she just does it. He doesn't try to woo some riding company or Publishing Company to do his stuff he just I guess contracts out with a printer or something and gets it written and published! At our writers Guild lunch last week he brought a document just a few pages long of his poems. I don't think it was more than 10 pages. Jerry  had poems and illustrations with the front back cover. You probably made 20 copies but it is enough to hand out to folks you'd like to share his Thoughts with. I would never have done anything like this I don't think not even if I had the funding too at least I never thought that I would however I'm beginning to reconsider this. Maybe throw some of my poetry together that I've rattle off over the years and sandwich it between two covers and have something to pass out the folks that I want to. That would certainly get something off my bucket list as far as being published in this lifetime. This certainly gives me something to think about now. Already I'm becoming intimidated that once I start something like this I won't be able to finish it just like so many other things in my life that I've wanted to do but never could figure out how to end the project. I probably shouldn't even have written a here in this blog cuz now it's out there. Luckily just very few people read this blog so there's not a big commitment to the world but to those who do read this blog they may really put some pressure on me consider and work on the project whether or not gets to the point of publication self or otherwise …


No comments: