Monday, February 13, 2006

Way back here in the back…



I am sure I have mentioned in the past that we share an office with another State office. We are small and take just two offices. Our offices are attached to Conference room which is all the way in the back of our suite of offices. In fact, we are so far back in the building the building dumpsters are on the other side of my window. So, when the front staff are gone (we in the back) rarely even hear people who are trying to get in. I am also sure I have mentioned that the office has elected to keep the front doors locked at al times. So if anyone needs in whether it be consumer , postman, federal or
State mail then that person needs to make enough racket to get our attention or better yet come to the backside of the building and knock on the windows. About a month ago front office did get an outside “bell”—push the button and the well rings and someone upfront will let you in. We usually turn the bell off if everyone is gone.

Anyway It’s currently the season of the legislature the front office is all about being part of the legislative process so everyone is gone except for me and CC many of the times. This morning there were out of staters here which needed to be taken to the airport first thing – it is always People First, so, front end staff asre busy running to get things copied, getting the lunch ordered and keeping very busy—OUT SIDE OF THE OFFICE. Many of the People First dudes also come into the city when ever they can. What happens though is I am the only one in the office, in the back, trying to get my work done and people are pounding in the door and ringing the doorbell like crazy. So, on such a morning nothing gets done except raise my blood pressure rolling all the way to the front of the office to open the door. I cannot not no open the door since the posts both State and Federal make themselves known in just this harassing way: office wants it’s mail. I just have to bite the bullet.

I zoomed out at lunch to try to find Dianne a valentine, went up to one of the downtown malls and ended up getting a couple of cheap burgers from the food court MC Donalds ad a holster for my new cell. What pig. I still don’t know what I am getting for Dianne. The day and my energy levels a are dissipating swiftly. I feel that valentines Day is such an invalid holiday purporting love in the guise of money or money purchased products. Birthdays, Christmas and Mother’s Day I basically tolerate but Valentines is nothing but capitalistic greed dressed up as love. Just shoot me know. So I did the cop out thing…candy, candy, candy. I probably still need to get a card. I tried at lunch but the all a dollar I went to was all out. That is what happens when I go to a dollar market located across the street from the world headquarters of one of the most patriarchal religions on the Face of the Earth.

No comments: