Sunday, February 19, 2006

Snowy Capote Sunday

I saw Dr. Bourne on Friday afternoon. Dr. Bourne is a good guy. I was astounded at how closely he listened to me and seemed to genuinely care at what I was saying. Most folks see I am in a wheelchair and I guess I use this a lot in our initial meeting.  People always want to know what happened to me, why I am in the chair.  I was surprised that Bourne did not ask about this up front. In fact, the cause of my disability only came up about half way through the meeting and only I had broached the subject. The bottom line though is that I am doing fine he thought.  Bourne did have me take some x-rays of my shoulder—which is way more then the other MD did.  Bourne also scheduled me for a follow up appointment in a couple of weeks. When I asked why he just looked at me to and said, “ To see how you are doing of course.”  Bourne did the pushing and pulling tests on my “injured” side and seemed impressed enough to release me to physical therapy(PT) when eve I can get it scheduled.

It’s cold today, Sunday, the snow fell during the night and most of the morning.  We managed  movie: Capote in the early afternoon.  Capote was mis named in my view. The film should have been called Capote’s In Cold Blood or  The Making of In Cold Blood.   Not that a different title would have made a lot of difference; I would have had to see it anyway but would have better prepared me for my 2 hours plus investment. I came home and
“ Googled” “Capote” and found some interesting stuff.  I would have much preferred more information into Capote, the person. Capote led an interesting life.

I am currently working on Mack’s web page—he emailed me the newsletter Friday.  Will  post it next week some time before I go to Philadelphia. Mack is using more and more graphics and images for his documents, sure takes me a lot more time.  I am glad to do it and the money is always helpful. I am going to give Mack to tools so he can become more intimately involved with his website.  I want to read tonight or do anything except watch the Olympics.  I have been spending way too much time watching things I really don’t find interesting enough to dedicate evenings and weekends to.                               

No comments: